Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: PoKeys USB Interface

Hello Peter,

No, you will need to add a second joystick card which will give you again 32 inputs or you could also use FSSymphony which supports all of my PoKeys extensions. Only thing is it will only work with PoKeys Ethernet.

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

10+ Posting Member

Hello Wendy,

I understand that if I want to use it as a joystick I will need another Pokey. I now just require to use the remaining inputs into FSUIPC and I can do this by key mapping. My problem, is that I am having to use numerous configurations for the 40 inputs and this is causing some conflicts. I have used 7 encoders which use 28 joystick settings.

The query is can I achieve this without key mapping?

A problem I have found is that if using selector switches, which have a permanent input, it causes all inputs to be locked.

I have not seen reference to this on any site and it means the Pokey can only issue one input at a time; perhaps this may help to save someone else wasting time, as I have done

I should imagine this applies to all interface cards.

Thanks
    Peter.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hello Bloggo,

It is absolutely not true that PoKeys can only accept one input at a time. If one port is grounded with a switch everything stops... completely wrong!!!
    If this was true you could not use this, as a interface card needs to be able to accept different inputs the same time, there are lots of people that are using only PoKeys cards for their simulator doing all different kind of things with it AT THE SAME TIME.

Sorry but your conclusion is wrong!

Regards, Wendy
    http://www.flightsimparts.eu
    PoKeys interface cards

10+ Posting Member

Hello Wendy,

I am able to operate some buttons at the same time but not all. The problem lies with the key mapping and this causes chaos in some instances and is why I was asking if there was another way to program the inputs. Obviously not.

If I had spare joystick inputs I don't imagine there would be a problem, but I have had to configure 40 inputs as key mapping for FSUIPC to recognise the input.

I have four selector switches which have permanent inputs, depending on their position, and I have had to set another switch to control the ground. This workaround has alleviated the problem.

So you are correct, but key mapping is the problem.

Thanks
    Peter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819