Thread: GoCNC?

Haslev, Vestsjalland, Denmark, 1.04081536296E+14, Haslev
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

GoCNC?

Hi there.

I've bin researching the hobby CNC area for quite a while now, and I came to the conclusion that it would be to expensive to get one home from the US.
    And I don't really dare to be a Chinese machine, since a lot of people on cnczone seems to have problems with unreliable dealers.

So I've made a decision to buy one from Europe since the payment for transportation will be less, and I will not have to pay any toll or extra tax.
    The thing is that most of the European dealers are to expensive for a poor aircraft tech student as myself ( I'm looking for a machine in the 1000€/1500$ class ).

I managed to find 3 dealers that seems to have what I'm looking for,
    Cau Cau, CEOCNC and GoCNC.

The Cau Cau Kompas H300 looks good but is a bit more expensive and CEOCNC's model are made out of MDF, so that leaves german GoCNC with their A3 model.

The GoCNC A3's specs looks really good, and I'm really drawn to this machine, but my concern is that I can't find any information about elsewhere.
    Only at their site http://www.gocnc.de.

So my question to you guys would be.
    - Do you think it's worth the money? and have any of you heard something about before?

Thanks and sorry for my poor spelling
    //Jake

Re: GoCNC?

Have you thought about building one yourself , i did about 2 & half years ago & machine is still going well, but would like to build a quicker & better one now.
    from building the machine yourself you tend too understand the whole cnc thing a littel better. Im the type of person whos good with my hands but not so much my brain, but someone once told me i should build myself a cnc machine it will make building a cockpit a lot less expensive. So i took the challenge thinking theres no way i could build one of those!! suprized myself after bout 6 months reseching cnc machines & diy builds. This was just my expirence & i have learnt so much in 2 years rgding cnc machines in what i need to do for my next cnc build. just a thought for you. good luck keep us posted weather you build or buy..
    Cheers..
    I Started with Nothing & ive still got loads left..

hi. i purchased gocnc.de hobby a4 machine.. it arrived in 15 days.
    about 1/2 of the screws were not included.
    reference switches were not included (they are offered in web page)
    no cables for reference switches, no mention of reference switches in manual
    some screws have a too large head so stepper motors dont rest flat
    bronze friction pieces are not aligned so they need to be machined by end user or the machine would not move any axis
    it has metal to metal friction design (no linear bearings or such)
    stepper motors inox rod must be glued by user to bronze bushing for it to hold the threaded screw that moves axis..... (very hard to bond inbox with bronze and it won't hold any force). and the bronze bushing holds the threaded screw with just thread lock.... the minimum force stepper applies the whole axis will disassemble itself....
    one of the inox axis guides has no thread on its end so it can't be assembled.
    manual is german only
    in short words this machine is a badly designed, badly manufactured, incomplete toy
    i would stay away from it if possible

regards

Have CNC-----will build.

I have built 3 cnc machines for myself. One learns much when he does it himself. My last one is the keeper. It is made of MDF and HDPE. My pictures may still be in the gallery. The total cost of the last machine was about $900 USD. This includes the steppers, power supply, controller board for the steppers, the dedicated computer, CUT2D software program for generating the GCode and Mach 3 as my post processor. It has a useable surface of 11.5 inches wide by 24 inches long. All of the parts for my last machine were made using the second machine to cut the parts out. I pretty much use the CUT2D program to do all of my panel drawing. Any questions or build information, just PM or ask here, I am always glad to assist in any way that I can.

Milt

25+ Posting Member

Hello All,

my two cents. I have built a MDF CNC Router by myself after the intructions from the famous build your cnc webpage. Costs approx. 700 Euro and a lot of time. Such a CNC made from MDF is ok for cutting MDF Material, Plastic for Panels and also ok for engraving them. BUT: If you want to work with Aluminium or such material a self built MDF Router is not sufficient. At the moment i stopped all my CNC works on my DIY Router because i ordered a new CNC Machine at mixware.de. Of course this is expensive, but i think it is better to spend more money and have something for the future which can handle all my needs in terms of power and accuracy.

You may search on youtube for "Masterploxis" to see my current solution.

Cheers
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by tucupeis View Post
    hi. i purchased gocnc.de hobby a4 machine.. it arrived in 15 days.
    about 1/2 of the screws were not included.
    reference switches were not included (they are offered in web page)
    no cables for reference switches, no mention of reference switches in manual
    some screws have a too large head so stepper motors dont rest flat
    bronze friction pieces are not aligned so they need to be machined by end user or the machine would not move any axis
    it has metal to metal friction design (no linear bearings or such)
    stepper motors inox rod must be glued by user to bronze bushing for it to hold the threaded screw that moves axis..... (very hard to bond inbox with bronze and it won't hold any force). and the bronze bushing holds the threaded screw with just thread lock.... the minimum force stepper applies the whole axis will disassemble itself....
    one of the inox axis guides has no thread on its end so it can't be assembled.
    manual is german only
    in short words this machine is a badly designed, badly manufactured, incomplete toy
    i would stay away from it if possible

regards
    Hi...
    Really?

Please tell me your customer number?
    I have not shipped machines to spain.
    Reference switches were not included !
    Right! your have hobby A4- Not Advance or Evolution with switches.......
    You write nonsense informations....

Best regards

Gocnc.de
    Jan

Hello everyone!
    This led me to agree a router: CNC Portalfräse GoCNC Hobby A4 Basic v3 Bausatz
    I am interested in this very machine and gather info how it works, how it works softuera.Mislya to deal with engraving on gold and silver material, but start thinking a little to work with stainless steel.
    I would be grateful to anyone who has any opinion and share it!
    Thank you in advance!
    Joro

Hello Jo&Jo,

I“m also thinking about buying a cnc mill for severall months. I“ve read a lot in german cnc and rc-modell communities about cnc mills. What they said about tht gocnc mill is that it is only strong enough for wood an mdf. On the producers page they wrote it is capable for short works with metalls like aluminium and copper. (gold might be ok too) For engraving metalls like steel you need an much more expensive mill. If you“re looking for a cheap cnc mill able to engrave "ne-metalls" you should think about buying a proxxon mf 70 and convert it into a cnc mill. Several conversion kits can be found for example on ebay. A little problem with this mill is the quite small working area. If you“re able to understand the german language you should screen some german communities like cncecke.de or woodcnc.de some of the users ther bought a cnc mill from gocnc or converted a proxxon mf 70 .

greetings Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by gocnc.de View Post
    Hi...
    Really?

Please tell me your customer number?
    I have not shipped machines to spain.
    Reference switches were not included !
    Right! your have hobby A4- Not Advance or Evolution with switches.......
    You write nonsense informations....

Best regards

Gocnc.de
    Jan
    Might be an old thread but i see that gocnc.de customer service skills are just as bad from thier rude staff as they are now. Wish i had never heard of this bunch of conmen.