Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Throttletek 737 Configuration

I will be sending my payment to Roberto this weekend.

I had a configuration question.

I know that when you install the throttle with the aircraft loaded and using FSUIPC, can the trottle only be used for one aircraft or can you repeat the settings process for multiple twin engine jet aircraft such as using it for the PMDG 737, Level D 767, and Quality Wings 757 by repeating the process after you have loaded each aircraft.

Thanks
    Perry Fincher
    United States

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Re: Throttletek 737 Configuration

Hi Perry,

Actually FSUIPC saves the configuration for every Aircraft so you don't have to set it up each time for a different plane! With PMDG the only trouble is the Gound Spoilers arming cause there is no offset of that within FSUIPC so you can use the Mouse to Key function to do it!

Any other questions let me know!

Regards,

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dodiano View Post
    Hi Perry,

Actually FSUIPC saves the configuration for every Aircraft so you don't have to set it up each time for a different plane! With PMDG the only trouble is the Gound Spoilers arming cause there is no offset of that within FSUIPC so you can use the Mouse to Key function to do it!

Any other questions let me know!

Regards,

Roberto
    Thanks Roberto,

Sorry for the questions as I am not famaliar with working with the FSUIPC.

As you stated, if I set the throttle in FSUIPC for one twin engine aircraft loaded in FS and lets say I want to fly a four engine aircraft, do I need to remove the FSUIPC setting I set for the throttle in order to use the levers on my CH Flight Sim Yoke as a throttle to control the four engines.

I didn't know if there would be a conflict between the two game controllers in FS.

Thanks
    Perry Fincher
    United States

MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar

Actually I think that FSUIPC saves the settings for that other throttle too but I am not quite sure about that... You could ask around in the Forum!

Take care,

Roberto Soriano

10+ Posting Member

Hello Perry,
    If you go into the Modules folder in FSX or FS9 you will see the FSUIPC.cfg file. Open the file in Notepad and look for where it says "Profiles=No" and change it to "Profiles=Yes". Select save in Notpad and close.
    After you do this then you can set up profiles for each kind of aircraft (one Throttle, two Throttle, three Throttle, etc.). When you load a new aircraft, open FSUIPC and go to the "Buttons and Keys" tab and it will give you the option to select the profile you would like to use for the loaded aircraft or make a new profile.
    This has worked much better for me than trying to set up each aircraft individually.

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by signmanbob View Post
    Hello Perry,
    If you go into the Modules folder in FSX or FS9 you will see the FSUIPC.cfg file. Open the file in Notepad and look for where it says "Profiles=No" and change it to "Profiles=Yes". Select save in Notpad and close.
    After you do this then you can set up profiles for each kind of aircraft (one Throttle, two Throttle, three Throttle, etc.). When you load a new aircraft, open FSUIPC and go to the "Buttons and Keys" tab and it will give you the option to select the profile you would like to use for the loaded aircraft or make a new profile.
    This has worked much better for me than trying to set up each aircraft individually.
    Thanks!!!

I will be sure to try that when I receive my throttle in September.
    I appreciate your time in helping me learn about FSUIPC.

Thanks
    Perry Fincher
    United States

10+ Posting Member

No problem Perry. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Because of your post in the PMDG forums, I'm going to also order a The G-737 G - Throttle for my NGX. It looks great and I'm sure will add to the realism.
    I don't have a home cockpit, but with the insanly realistic VC in the PMDG 737NGX, I don't believe I would need the visuals, just the nice "feel" of a good throttle quadrant.

Bob

10+ Posting Member

No problem Perry. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Because of your post in the PMDG forums, I'm going to also order a The G-737 G - Throttle for my NGX. It looks great and I'm sure will add to the realism.
    I don't have a home cockpit, but with the insanly realistic VC in the PMDG 737NGX, I don't believe I would need the visuals, just the nice "feel" of a good throttle quadrant.

Bob
    I second that, Bob!!!

I was telling Roberto I plan to build a wooden box painted either RAL7011 or RAL7012 about 1'4" H (rough estimate based on the height at wihich my chair is positioned) with a closed base and rubber bottom. The top will be open with interior dimensions of 8 7/8" W X 10 5/8" L which will allow me to place some type of support rail all the way around and allow the throttle to set into the box some where around 1/2" with a foam or rubber 1/8" think border to prevent the throttle from getting scratch by the wooden box. I perfer a lighter material, but will have to go to Lowes near the house to see what they got for a lighter material, but strong enough to hold the tq.

Right now I am just using my CH Flight Sim Yoke and the VR Insight MCP Combo which at some point will have to figure out how to make it work with the NGX and using a 23" widescreen LCD Tv/Monitor.

I am glad you placed your order.

I really wanted a realistic tq but didn't want to spend thousands. I would if I were to build a 100% flight deck, but probably will not happen. It's soooo expensive LOL!!!

I am looking forward to the throttle from ThrottleTek in mid to late September.

Hopefully will be well versed in the NGX by that time.
    Last edited by perryfincher; 07-24-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typos
    Perry Fincher
    United States

10+ Posting Member

Mycockpit.org Re: Throttletek 737 Configuration

Perry, I just put my order in not two minutes ago
    Now I also have to figure out a good way of mounting it. I don't have much room. Only about four feet between my "cockpit" and my waterbed
    I have a single 28" flat screen monitor and a second computer for my accessory programs also with a 28" flatscreen monitor.
    I am using the Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke. I wonder if his 737 yoke will fit on it?
    Thank you for posting on the PMDG forums about this throttle quadrant. It looks perfect for what I want.

Bob

10+ Posting Member

Perry, I just put my order in not two minutes ago
    Now I also have to figure out a good way of mounting it. I don't have much room. Only about four feet between my "cockpit" and my waterbed
    I have a single 28" flat screen monitor and a second computer for my accessory programs also with a 28" flatscreen monitor.
    I am using the Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke. I wonder if his 737 yoke will fit on it?
    Thank you for posting on the PMDG forums about this throttle quadrant. It looks perfect for what I want.

Bob

I asked Roberto for the measurements of the throttle.
    He replied with 8.75 inches wide, 10.5 inches long and a little over 13 inches with the levers set at center.

I am not sure about the 737 yoke.

You can e-mail Roberto to ask him if it is free standing or mounts to a desk.
    Perry Fincher
    United States

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast