Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dutch kid on Final Approach!

Hi guys,

Just registered here, and I think a brief introduction would be adequate.
    My name is Stefan ( Steven for most of my English speaking friends ) and I'm 16, turning 17 on the 27th of November, and I live in Holland, you know, that small and rainy country next to Germany, haha

Anyways, As alot of people my age, I have the dream of becoming a pilot, and I have that dream since I was 4 years old, when I was allowed to have a peek on the flightdeck for the very first time ( B757, when Transavia.com flew them ) and since then I was all planes, planes, and some more planes! and I'm going to be a pilot, darn it!

Well, I've got a couple of years of flightsimming 'experience', mostly flying medium haul routes, as I prefer to fly routes like AMS-BCN-AMS. Flew the 737 90% of my flights, then I ventured the leap and bought the Airsimmer A320. After my first flight I was sold, and since then I'm flying the A320 'with a smile'

Still using Saitek's Yoke, Throttle and rudder, I went looking for a joystick that should be lying around somewhere, and found it. Using my simple knowledge and some logical thinking, I fabricated this (ultra!) simple sidestick.. well, like.. holder sort to say, just a horizontal piece of wood I bucksawed to fit my joystick, and a vertical piece of wood. Simple. but effective. But I'm looking to take it to the next level. I've had a good talk with my dad about it, as he is the guy with the practical knowledge here, and I'd love to learn a thing or 2 from him, and be busy with him and my hobby at the same time. We're still looking at my/our possibilities, and while surfing the net I stumbled upon this site, and here I am.

I hope I haven't bored you with this gigantic piece of text, but once I get started..

Kind regards,
    Stefan

2. Thanks roppeca, Geremy Britton, Boeing 747 Flyer thanked for this post

Re: Dutch kid on Final Approach!

Welcome aboard Stefan, what a wonderful project to start with your Dad. You can't help but learn things at mycockpit, the help and support you can get here is second to none. Good luck, I take it you planning an A320 pit?

Shawn

4. Thanks roppeca, StefanO thanked for this post

Thanks Shawn, and that is indeed correct. For now we're not looking for a 1 on 1 pit, we want to do some experimenting and gain some experience. After that, we'll see where we are and what the possibilities are, and what we want.

Stefan

6. Thanks roppeca thanked for this post
    Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Welcome aboard, i was always many months at the information and research stage just make sure you do all the research you can before you commit to anything.

If you need any help, theres lot's of ''experts'' here even though none of them will admit it.
    And plus when you're at a good stage put up some pics for us.

Regards
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

8. Thanks roppeca thanked for this post

Cheers Geremy, I'm looking for those templates, that you print out on scale, and then place them over a piece of (ply)wood and then cut along the edges.
    Any ideas?
    Anyways, those pics are still far, far away from us, Since my dad is helping me, I have to wait till his summervacation starts, before we can start.

10. Thanks roppeca thanked for this post