Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Single seat cockpit

I've been messing around with Google Sketchup trying to figure out a plan for the collective. Once you get the hang of it you can put stuff together fairly quickly. I modelled aircraft in FSDS for years so that might have helped a bit but it's really pretty straight forward.

300+ Forum Addict Anderson/SBSP's Avatar

Amazing!!!
    Anderson Roberto de Souza - Brazil / São Paulo
    Blog: www.737ngsim.com.br Twitter: @ARSouza

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Very nice work.. You're pretty good at the cad/sketchup? I've been using blender for all my stuff.
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Actually I can't take much credit for this work, Google Scetchup has a huge library of 3D objects that you can download directly into your project. I didn't make any of the complicated parts, it was more like putting a puzzle together than anything.

I had a look at what the pedals I have already built would look like set up as dual pedals.

Shawn

This is absolutely superb work Shawn. I love work like this, it's innovative and refreshing to see. I didn't know about the 'gauge factory' either. Thanks for the heads up. I use Simkits gauges for my simulator but I would love to go down the LCD gauges root at some point. How smooth are they? They look pretty good on the video you posted. I'm with you on where you have said that "it's the building part you enjoy the most". It's the same for me to.

Keep us posted. It's looking great.

Rhydian

25+ Posting Member

Well Shawn...let me try to fly a chopper in my sim jeje...I have never tried until now ! All this for to have a wide sight of your project...you are doing the best in the building part...go ahead !

Nice to hear that you guys are enjoying the thread, I'll keep posting photos of my progress then. I'm planning to build both a collective and throttle quadrant for the pit. When I do fly it's rare that I don't switch aircraft 3-4 times. The Guage Factory gauges are very smooth, even across a wireless connection, I do plan to see if there's any improvement on a wired connection but I am quite happy with there performance now. I put an offer in on another computer tower on kijji, hopefully I get it because the wife's not to keen on me using her laptop to run gauges on my simulator

If your interested in some challenging helicopter flying check out my website, I designed some remote helipads for instant scenery that are good fun to try and land on.

Last edited by Shawn; 07-28-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: poor spelling

Not much of an update but I bought a second computer for displaying gauges of Kijji, the guy was asking $75 and gave it to me for $50. Its actually an identical version of my first computer so they even match. My only problem now is that both displays are going to be covered so starting up the gauges, shutting down the computers etc is going to require removal of the panels? My only thought is to hinge the panels at the bottom and hold them in place on top with thumb screws? Any other suggestions? There's no way my wife won't catch me if I try and buy two more monitors

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

The monitors should be able to survive on all the time. If there is a power failure or something like that well then you would need tor turn them on again after. Depending on how new they are perhaps. If you are going to house them in a MIP then you will need to be able to access the switch in some way. Depending on where the switch is for the monitor. Kinda makes you wish they put all the stuff on the back now doesn't it

I'd think of the switch access as a bit of an emergency access. You won't need it all the time but you may need it sometime.

If you feel adventurous and want to take the monitor(s) apart you may find this series of monitor power switch repair useful. You could move the switch to a more remote location perhaps. Or conversely you could look for a monitor(s) that already have that. Where the switch is behind the monitor. My wifes LG is like that. The power and other adjustment buttons are on the monitor support column. I'm thinking that someone (a few) here have moved the power switch elsewhere as I can't see a person with a 737 cockpit crawling under to turn on there MFD's. So I'm sure it's not only possible but has been done a ton of times by other sim folk.

Cheers
    Ron
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast