10+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

greetings from sydney,aus

Hi all

I'm totally convinced I need to build a home build my sim based on the Diamond DA42 Twinstar. So just wanna let you all know.

Currently I am in the researching phase, Basically I feel I need to learn so much before I start my build (I have no knowledge in electronic nor programming-i mean that literally), However I can be quite good at conceiving ideas and using my hands to build something decent and pro looking!

So I could use with lots of gaudiness actually!

So my idea is this, hope you can point me in the right direction-

As I said I want to build a replica cockpit of the da42- NOT THE G1000 system (I know simkits sell them-or i might settle for touch screen option depending on how quick i want to be flying this thing)

2nd- I want to be able to create all the switches like i.e lights, Pitot, magneto, flaps, landing gear etc. ( I believe I can source the switches, but I want to learn how I can make fsx read them etc)

3rd- Whats the best material to use to make the cockpit?

4th Can I also get ideas of how I could have the lighting as accurate as possible.

5th I saw on here a guy build a circuit breaker buttons however he had sim functions attached to them i.e pause, which i believe is pretty cool.

That's all for now

cheers

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: greetings from sydney,aus

Welcome Bara.... Sounds like a nice project... Poke around in here, you will find answers to most of your questions... Looking forward to seeing your progress