Thread: NEW TO FSUIPC

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

NEW TO FSUIPC

Hi there, my name is Michael Nysus and I'm from Trinidad and Tobago.
    I'm new to Fsuipc4 and need help. my email adress is michaelnysus@gmail.com
    I'm looking for someone experienced in fsuipc4,fsx and widefs to please contact me. I'm hoping for a skype and/or teamviewer session.
    Godbless
    Michael

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Re: NEW TO FSUIPC

Hi Michael,

Just what are you trying to achieve with FSUIPC. It is such a versatile piece of software, it's applications are manyfold.

I have some PDF tutorials which I can forward to you which will give you some basic information about setting up your yoke,throttles etc and general usage of the software.

Let the guys here know what exactly you require and I am sure that those with more experience than I will be able to help.

Gary

10+ Posting Member

Hi Bussgarfield,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Please send the tutorials to michaelnysus@gmail.com.
    I recently purchased fsuipc for fs9 and fsx with widefs. I built a single seat, enclosed, one computer 4 monitor generic cockpit using the ati 4550. It's fighter styled and loosely based on the 737-800, my favourite cockpit. I read all the fsuipc manuals and a few other tutorials but I have no programming experience and find it daunting.
    I'd like to learn the lua language so I can have a more flexible setup. ( yea learn to fish and all that lol. ) I have a ch products usb suite. I use 2 x desktopaviator 2040 boards hooked up to switch panels that I built on my simple overhead and throttles. I want fs to see the position of the switches. I realise fsuipc can do magic ( in the magician's hands. ) I'm not sure reading will help me though and so I'm asking for a skype / teamviewer session where I'm sure I'll learn faster. I'll also like some advice on getting my opencockpits radio to work again. no reply from opencockpits.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Hi michaelnysus,

I think you were wondering about using the mousetrapping technique? Where you click a toggle switch (or anything else) on the panel and assign that to a real switch in the cockpit. There is an excellent tutorial on youtube. I think it is labeled FSUIPC mousetrapping. I can provide the link if you are having difficulty finding it. It is quite simple once you get the hang of it. Oh yeah, one more thing. You can only mousetrap in the 2D panel. It took me a whole day of frustration before figuring that one out.

It would be great to get some information on programming in FSUIPC. I have the program and have asked questions over in Peter Dowsons forum at AVSIM but if any of you have ever ventured in there and made the wrong assumptions you will get your head bitten off. I've stopped going there for that reason. Pete expects you to understand what he's saying the first time and if you don't get it he gets upset.
    Alan
    ANTEC KUHLER H20 620; WD VELOCIRAPTOR 600GB; WIN7 HOME PREMIUM 64BIT.
    FSX with SP1 and SP2; FTX PF, PNW, NRM, CRM, DARRINGTON MUNI, AUS SP4, CAIRN, YSCB, BRIS

I wouldn't say that much. He just expects one to do as much research as possible before asking him a question (as most people who teach). Chances are that question has been answered before more than once. Imagine getting the same question repeatedly. Anyway, youtube is a great asset (as is google). It would behoove one to use it to their advantage. If you can't find a decent answer on google then chances are that it could be new.

10+ Posting Member

Hi there Englishrebel,
    Thanks for the reply. I have moved along quite well on my own with fsuipc. I'm still not using lua or offsets but mouse macros and the axis setting.... I'm doing good with.
    Maybe you can help with this though. On my specific lvld setup in fsuipc when I press any of 3 specific buttons. I get a message that they are programmed twice and I need to go to the fsuipc ini to fix. I've tried, even erasing the commands ( mouse macro ) but they seem to come back. Would prefer not to start over with lvld but I don't know how to solve that problem. Any help will be great. ( Longing for some key commands for the pmdg ngx overhead ) Another problem started yesterday. All of a sudden my rudders keep centerting. I mash full right and they center on their own, same to the left. They are unuseable. I tried recalibrating, no use. Know of this problem ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ridnum View Post
    Hi michaelnysus,

I think you were wondering about using the mousetrapping technique? Where you click a toggle switch (or anything else) on the panel and assign that to a real switch in the cockpit. There is an excellent tutorial on youtube. I think it is labeled FSUIPC mousetrapping. I can provide the link if you are having difficulty finding it. It is quite simple once you get the hang of it. Oh yeah, one more thing. You can only mousetrap in the 2D panel. It took me a whole day of frustration before figuring that one out.