Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Events triggered by Bus Voltage

Just got my Phidgets LED Board in and have started to experiment. I have a basic Audio Panel circuit built to drive the switch LEDs and now I'm starting on the annunciater panel.

I'm having trouble reading bus voltage though and I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I placed an FS Out and selected Battery_Bus_Volts as the variable. The 172's instrument panel volt meter swings a couple volts up or down when I switch the alternator switch on and off. However the FS2P meter shows only a few 100ths of a volt in fluctuation. Am I reading the wrong FS Out???

I have a code example from another user that works and am trying to buidl my own so I can better learn the app. I think I'm just being thick headed . . . I need to figure out what I'm seeing on screen and how to get that to toggle my low volt warning lamp.

500+ This must be a daytime job

Re: Events triggered by Bus Voltage

Tom,

Some of the values that are used are not 1 to 1 but are factored. If you are trying a different variable you may need to find the raw value to convert it. There is a program called fsinterrogate that comes with the fsuipc sdk bundle that you can run, and get real time reports about what the values of offsets are. Fiddle with it, and see what you get. I also think the offset I used was main bus volts in the example. Am away from home for 10 days, so I can't confirm that, but will if you haven't sorted it out by then.
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

Re: Events triggered by Bus Voltage

Quote Originally Posted by AK Mongo View Post
    Tom,

Some of the values that are used are not 1 to 1 but are factored. If you are trying a different variable you may need to find the raw value to convert it. There is a program called fsinterrogate that comes with the fsuipc sdk bundle that you can run, and get real time reports about what the values of offsets are. Fiddle with it, and see what you get. I also think the offset I used was main bus volts in the example. Am away from home for 10 days, so I can't confirm that, but will if you haven't sorted it out by then.
    That did the trick! I am having a problem with FS OUT Main Bus Volt crashing the program so for now I'm using Battery Volt. If I add Main Bus Volt as a component I get a resource error and FS2P shuts down.

I have about 20 indicators working now. Can't find a variable for the Vacuum Annunciater, and for some reason my middle and inner markers won't shut off???