Thread: interface cards

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

interface cards

hi all,on the road to building my 737 cockpit i've started playing around with the bu0836x card and the registered version of fsuipc(fantastic).i'm quickly running out of space on the card and asking myself actually how many of these cards would i need to hook up every button and switch in the cockpit and how much more expence tnat would add to the project or is there an other cheeper alternative solution.

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: interface cards

I would suggest you start by building a list of all the functions you want to bring out and how many switch inputs or analog inputs each requires. Add to that a list of each output (like LED's) you want to control. When you tally that list it will help you to decide on the most cost effective way to approach the project.

I'm working on something much less complex, a Cessna 172/182 and My list at present (an Excel spreadsheet that's still in not complete) indicates I need about 90 switch inputs (that includes a full avionics stack) about 30 LED's plus multiple 7 Segment displays, and 13 Analog Axis. I may blow that out to do a generic twin engine which will up the count.

I can only imagine how high the count would be for a 737 . . .

For my pit I'm looking at a combination of Leo's cards and some phidgets cards.