Thread: Fs9 stutters

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Fs9 stutters

Hi again, I have another issue that I'm trying to get my head around. I can't
    seem to get a steady 20-25 frames on fs9 more so with heavy weather.

My specs

Server PC
    Pentuim D dual core 3.2 Ghz
    2 gig Ram
    7600GT nvidia GPU
    windows xp home
    Fs2004 with addons
    LevelD767 with SP3 for instrument panels only(sliders reduced to minimum and
    outside visual a small as possible)
    Fsuipc registered
    Wideview registered ( 767 chosen)
    wide767.exe

Client PC
    Intel CoreI5 2.8 Ghz
    4gig Ram
    2 x ATI 5670 1Gig GPU's
    windows xp home
    fs2004 with same addons
    LevelD767 with SP3 (exact same intallation)
    Fsuipc registered
    wideview ( same 767 chosen as client aircraft)
    wide767.exe

I was sure that with this setup especially with the CoreI5 dedicated to outside
    visuals, I would have achieved 20-25 FPS at all times? If there is a bottleneck
    I was thinking it maybe it was the ATI cards but they should handle FS9 no
    problem. I have just tweaked some FS9 using that great post from Trevor Hale and it hasn't
    improved the framerates much. My point is I guess I didn't think with my setup
    and FS9 I would have had to do anything at all. My framerates are around 15-20
    FPS at best and stuttery at times especially with alot of cloud or bad weather.
    I am running 3 beamers at 1280x800 with 3 undocked views and 1 topdown view
    behind those. I know people who are running slower cpu's but similar setups and
    seeing 40+ FPS with all weather maxed. I must have something wrong in my setup
    surely, perhaps its the network?

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Drew

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Fs9 stutters

Hi guys, I ripped out the HD5670 cards and replaced them with a single Nvidia GTX275 and disabled the wideview setup and ran the entire sim from the coreI5, that is 3 beamers (1280x800) 3 mip screens (Fo on splitter). Now she is smooth as silk with virtually not stutters at all in crap weather too, unbelievable. I guess the whole networked wideview thing slowed the whole process down somewhat because I did try that with the Gtx275 aswell and still got some stuttering. I guess I'll have to go without curved visuals and warping and try 45 degree angled side views instead. Also a bonus , I will get my landing lights back too!! I might still overclock the CoreI5 slightly to better the performance again.

Cheers
    Drew