Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: So, where do I start?

I think that is a great setup. I've looked over your site and videos several times while planning my pit. I have also seen setups like yours with a face plate mask over the monitors. And, in some cases with the addition of a few rotary encoders on the face plate. I think something similar might work well for what mil0001 may be doing.

In my application I need much smaller monitors to fit inside the existing panel frame of my 172 fuselage.

I don't want to alter the frame any more than is absolutely needed since the long term plan is to put analog gauges in. My goal at this time is to find a viable alternative while I save up for the gauges.

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Hi All,

I dont know if you remember my Cessna 152 sim (I Sold it to Jordan Farmer), I will try and dig out the CAD file so that you can CNC cut the panel. Please allow a little time as I have a ton of work to do to day, but will try my best!

You will probably find a ton of my drawings and measurements all over this site!

all the best, alex
    GA or the Highway!

Ps, Mil......

You need to take into account that there is a 1-2cm border around any lcd screen so this has to be added to the mip area left and right of captain panel plus you have to take into account the thickness of the side walls of the sim so effectively you would need to allow an extra 3cm either side of the left of the captain gauge panel, and take into consideration the curve on the upper left of mip. Your screen will be square and your curve is rounded so you will need to hide the screen and keep the curve without the screen showing so you will need to modify the mip to account for this too.
    GA or the Highway!

10+ Posting Member

Thanks that would be very helpful. I'm not in ANY rush with this and I will probably end up going down the gauge way if I can't find a monitor with 200x200mm of display (Highly unlikely that I will find one)

So any information will help me heaps.

10+ Posting Member

In reply to your PS:

Yes I have started realising this after an afternoon of research. I will just have to edit too much of the cockpit to fit these monitors in realistic way. I guess it would be better off if I spent a lot longer getting the money but in the end having great end results (And since this is a first sim, I can reuse the gauges on something like a 172)

In an ideal world, just fit 2 ipads next to the yoke shaft! lol
    GA or the Highway!

10+ Posting Member

If only :P

I may aswell get onto my next question! (What another one!? I still got plenty :P )

The Radio equipment in the 152 is very simple but I have yet to find one that looks ANYTHING like it. Would an ok option to take to repaint the front panel and maybe change the knobs on one of those modular ones? Any good ones worth mentioning (I liked the Desktop Aviator one until I noticed it doesn't actually have a 7 segment display )

I wouldnt reccommend Desktop Aviator for a Cessna flight sim because it is too wide and you will need a 200mm cut out, when a cessna is 160mm wide, with go flight you can mount their panels behind a 160mm wide cutout and screw to the inside of the mip. Yes Desktop Aviator doesnt have digits....

You can make overlays for goflight using vinyl and changing knobs, you will need to use beige colours to recreate the legendary 60's ARC panels.....i love em!
    GA or the Highway!

In a 152 you geneally have only 1 nav gauge such as a VOR or ADF, so you will only need 1 nav/com radio and maybe a xpdr.

Dont forget 152's are only trainers, you talk to tower on the com and maybe practice a little nav on your instruments, annd thats it....

Not much of a radio stack required!
    GA or the Highway!

10+ Posting Member

Hey Alex.

Did you ever have a chance to find any of those files? To be honest I've only found like 3 images on the forums :P But I guess it's kinda spread over 500 topics lol. (Good time to learn to use a Build Thread :P )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast