Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Link2fs_FSX_inOut. Anything about it. Idea's bugs etc

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Link2fs_FSX_inOut. Anything about it. Idea's bugs etc

A quickie ,, I'm a bit pushed for time,,,,
    Mark ,, Good luck with your test's ,,, You should see a heck of a difference with read-back when the rotary encoder is flat out,,, no more pauses. (Well that was the case in my setup at any-rate.)

Re the FSUIPC thing ,,, I don't know where in the windows system Pete is fiddling with the keystrokes but it could ???? be an area that could clash. All I can say it try it out both ways and see what gives. I don't have FSUIPC so I cant try it out, sorry.

Geoff ,,, Thanks for the feedback ,, Its always nice to know that the efforts one puts in is being used and appreciated by some-one. And ,, as you know I've been messing around in this field for years ,, fascinating stuff to dabble in ,, a hobby in itself.

I'm surprised that there isn't something out there that does what you need ???? Seems simple enough to actually sync 2 FSX's together and "fiddle" with one of them ,,, but I got to admit,, my mind has gone blank !!!!! A bit out of my "comfort zone" to dabble with that sort of thing as I just do this for the fun of it. Good luck with your research !!!!

Gene ,, Thanks for the tip ,,,, The delay mentioned though was within the "FSXinOut" program and not with the serial coms. I had a "Stop,, wait ,, check ,, if all OK carry-on" sort of loop in my "keys" program that should have been taken out when I blended the 2 programs together. ("Keys" and "fsxout")
    I was real nervous about releasing the "keys" program so there are all sorts of "insurance" stuff built into it.

OK better go ,, keep at it Guys ,,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

I zapped an update thru so David can get the rest of the LED indications going on his Autopilot.
    It added 5 new entry's so the present set up is now "full" without doing another Tab for extra ones.

This post is now superseded with a later release.
    Read the first post on this thread (it gets updated)

The above file contains only the exe file so you need to put it into the same folder as the "link2fs_inout_v1b.exe" is in.

The next version (version 2) will be quite a dramatic change enabling heaps of extras outputs easily and the ability to talk/listen up to 4 cards at once but that is a wee bit further down the track with my annual pilgrimage to Aussie for a month coming soon.

Have fun Guys,,, let me know if there's anything in it I've bust
    Jim

Well I finally got the update out.

Version 1e ,,, 8-9-11
    This is a complete package.

As usual,, its not tested in all extractions ,, so your all "beta testers"
    Check out the first post in this thread for the download link.
    If you already have an earlier version already installed,, you only need the "exe" file.
    It wont look at your old "profile" file, so you will have to tick all the box's again.
    It might also pay to have a browse thru the docs for the changes ,, there are a few.

Good luck Guys ,,, Jim
    Hopefully I haven't bust anything that WAS going !!

150+ Forum Groupie jonesthesoftware's Avatar

Hi Jim
    A big thank you for all your work with Links2fs_FSX_inOut.

I would like to use your software to drive my autothrottles for my 767 cockpit. I'm using LevelD767 software and I have some Velleman 8055 boards with H bridges to drive the motors. Would it possible to add the Auto Throttle position requested by FSX to your software. I believe these are addresses 088C and 0924 in FSUIPC but I don't know how that relates to your software.

kind regards
    geoff

Hi Geoff ,, Yes the throttle positions can be extracted and I'll include them next time I do an update of extra extractions. At the moment I am changing the inOut program to handle 4 ports (its ended up a major mission) so once thats behind me I'll slap anything anyone needs into the extraction section.

There is a problem with your plans tho Geoff ,,, my "inOut" program wont talk to a Velleman card. ,,, Velleman cards dont have any "brains" and are purely just an "in-out" card. The data needs to be processed BEFORE being sent to the card for something to happen.

Get yourself an Arduino ,, I do hope to do an autothrottle setup when I get further down the track ,, also, maybe you could still use your H bridge card with the Arduino ,, I dont know ,, but you should be able to.

An Arduino is WWwwwaaaaaayy more versatile than a Velleman and also they are very cheap,, more inputs ,, more outputs etc.

Cheers ,,, Jim

150+ Forum Groupie

Hey Jim.
    I was trying out some extensive code and kept getting unpredictable results. I stripped it down to the basic problem:

void setup(){
    Serial.begin(115200);
    }

void loop(){
    delay (1000);
    Serial.println ("D230");
    }

As I watch the Link2FS serial monitor, it alternates between a hit & miss.
    First pass - Link2FS interprets "D230"
    Second pass - Link2FS interprets "30";
    Third pass - Link2FS interprets "D230"
    Fourth pass - Link2FS interprets "30";
    ...etc.

Will you try the code and tell me if you are getting the same results?

Thanks,
    James

Hi James ,,, back from the land of Oz

Now your findings ,,, I thought I was the only one with "senior moments"
    Link2fs_inOut looks for a 4 digit group from the comport ,,, but in the line "Serial.println ("D230");" you are actually sending 6 ,,,, println sends the required digits and follows that with a "carriage return" and a "line feed" ,, Basically 2 more (sort of) digits.

If you change the line ,,,
    Serial.println ("D230");
    to
    Serial.print ("D230");
    all will be fine.

Just while I'm on this thread ,,, The 4 port version was all but ready and I was just modifying it to allow for extra expansion and WHALLAA !!! it didn't like it. VB6 forms don't go that high in objects in the form ,,,, so back to square one with that one but I have another cunning plan which will actually be better.

The multi-port one will be the last in VB6 ,,, No more hassles with installs or problems with newer OS's etc ,,, I have followed thru on both C#.net and VB.net and the basic "live" extractions work fine on both of them except I'm having a hassle with the "keys" section. I'll get there tho.

It's the "net" software I'm going to do my "projects" in ,,, one click install ,, load the PDE and your away.

We all know how good Arduino's are but their ease of use needs dramatically tidied up.
    Watch this space.

Great to be back ,,,, Jim

150+ Forum Groupie

Hey Jim. Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation...and glad you're back
    As for my serial print snafu, I wish I could blame it on "senior moments!" That would be dishonest. The real reason: ignorance. Thanks for the education (again).

Now that you seem to be migrating into the C# workspace, I would really like to hear you "think aloud" via TeamSpeak or the sort. I believe I would be able to learn exponentially via your thought process and navigation within the C# workspace.

-James

Hi James ,,,
    Interesting post and it's rattled some brain cells down here.
    Good idea.

The 4 port version (the one I want and also a couple of other guys) will be out in about 2 or 3 weeks and after that we can set ourselves up and dabble into the unknown.

Warm up your keyboard James. ,, Jim

The original post here was altered ,,, I was setting too much of a commitment for me to follow thru on with a group.
    Last edited by Jim NZ; 10-28-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: See posting.

Just realised I should have posted this: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...oard-emulation

In here, sorry about that. New to this place n' all!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast