Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

My Simworld MIP Panel Full Kit (Advanced) Arrived.

After some wait my MIP Panel kit from Simworld finally arrived. My first impression is "excellent packaging", compact and certainly done with care. I was very surprised to see it fit in such a small box considering I also have the metal frames included for captain f/o and center. Each part is carefully wrapped with protective cover and the backplates and panels are individually wrapped with stretch wrap and bubble wrap. Small components are wrapped separately. Good job!

I unwrapped and laid the parts out. I must admit, the quality is excellent. I had panels before that I never used, so I can actually compare one to one. The Simworld attention to detail and quality is remarkable. I'm really excited to complete this project now. There is so much to learn.

I'm attaching some pictures. I'll try to update this thread as often as I can with progress.

I already have my throttles from Revolution Simproducts (great product) and using Prosim737 on two networked computers (fantastic software). One full spec computer for FSX and the other for the avionics. I have a 21" touch screen for the lower EICAS and CDU's. I'm waiting for my Sismo Soluciones MCP and 2 EFIS along with glareshields and glarewings with master I/O card and other IO cards. I'll post pictures of the whole sim soon as it progresses.

cheers to all,
    Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks W9XE/Project777, DeckerZ, jumbo0, mondo50m thanked for this post
    Likes W9XE/Project777 liked this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: My Simworld MIP Panel Full Kit (Advanced) Arrived.

I'll post pictures of the whole sim soon as it progresses
    Congratulations Rob... looking forward to see these pictures joining all these sim-parts assembled as you mentioned and working with Prosim737... wooow!

Cheers,
    Yub.

4. Thanks Jorge thanked for this post

: I like:

Simworld have exellent products

25+ Posting Member

I'm quickly realizing how good their product actually is. Most importantly, the support. That's the added-value that comes with the product. I gave Filip such a hard time trying to figure some stuff out. His professional and timely response has been outstanding with high quality that is really needed for a novice like myself. I'm still trying to find time to spend on it, so progress is slow, however, I just wanted to place a marker here for the superb support I've received from SimWorld so far and specifically from Filip.

Rob.

25+ Posting Member

I just wanted to share some new photos. Got some work done the past two days ... Clocks look great, AFDS buttons push/bounce very nicely, have to place a 12mm board under the landing gear lever before screwing it in place. Put in the frames for the displays ... I think its looking great so far ... love it !!!!

25+ Posting Member

Last week I got my Sismo Soluciones MCP, 2xEFIS, Glarewings and glareshield, along with IO cards, some knobs, and annunciators. The knobs I had before where unpainted so I got nice Boeing painted striped knobs and nice annunciators completely ready to plug. Juan at Sismo is a super helpful gentleman. He sent me documentation, plans and diagrams, and even did some setups ahead of time for my IP addresses to match my network. The guys at Sismo are very professional and very helpful. Juan responds very quickly and helps with everything including measurements and how to do things. Extremely important for a sim builder. HUGE VALUE!!!

Ok, so now I'm ready to place my top part for the MIP. I had to cut the SimWorld panel top section to level it so I can place an aluminum board that I cut to measurements right on top. I placed supporting angles on top of the panel and then my board. I cut openings in the board to support the cabling coming out of the EFIS, MCP, and glarewings.

The challenge was with placing the monitors inside the panel. I made supporting aluminum brackets for each screen and screwed it to the back of the panel for each monitor and used the screw holes for the monitor itself on the back that were used for the monitor stand to connect to the supporting brackets. Came out wonderful.

I got some amber lighting led strips now to do my backlighting. My next challenge is to do the IO connections for the panel with Sismo IO cards. Juan from Sismo said he's ready to help with scripts and setups. I know my software setups all work fine since I've been using them for a while with Revolution Simproducts throttle quadrants and avionics with Prosim737 ....

It's coming to life quickly now ..... I love the way it looks, can't wait to see it with backlighting and avionics running ...

cheers,
    Rob.

25+ Posting Member

More photos ...

25+ Posting Member

More Photos ...

25+ Posting Member

Great job!,

Was difficult to assembly Sismo Glareshield with Simworld items? I say this because everything seems to be from the same vendor …awesome …

Congratulations!

25+ Posting Member

Thanks. I got the major parts connected to my computers yesterday, throttle, comm panel, screens, flight controls ...etc and she did its first maiden flight from New York JFK to Newark . I will start now on the backlights and IO connections for the additional parts. The challenge was in connecting the landing gear lever to the panel. I had to make a special wooden base for it and widen the opening a little bit in the panel. I have some fin etuning to do on few things as well. So far, I love it ... Looking good !!! I'm attaching first photo with power connected and computers up.
    Cheers
    Rob.

13. Thanks docmeister, Eta mo thanked for this post
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast