Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: My Simworld MIP Panel Full Kit (Advanced) Arrived.

Yes, OmniAtlas, you are right, are not bulbs but "SMD LED" 180o. I had not watched enough features. The problem with this implementation is that the replacement of an LED is difficult ...

For the rest of my mip with panel Simparts.de: For security reasons I decided to take the backpanel and panel Simparts. To avoid the additional costs, I first started with a "MIP backplate DU" to see if it was adapted. This is the receipt and fitting that I realized Simworld did not meet the 1x1. In short, we must adapt. At this stage, normally panels must adapt because they rest on backpanel.

Oh, I forgot, Simworld gave me the "new" frame that are better adapted to receive the "glare". They are also with larger panels at the location holes.

For stands, I contacted Filip but I feel that the production is not yet available although he told me that if I wanted he could do ..

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

Hi gufau,

I've been in touched with filip and he says they are working on a backlighting kit, with an estimated time of 2 months.

I would wait if you haven't already bought your parts. Best regards.

Ben

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    I have not yet ordered the parts because I'm in limbo with the announcement of Filip: new backplate with ci for the backlight.
    However, I began to ask myself whether "any added" with eg "side" in addition, we will not get to "exceed" a "MIP Main-2 by FDS ...

regards,
    guy

Looks like simworld may be going the way of CANBUS? Can someone explain this new system?

10+ Posting Member

Hello OmniAtlas,

I can only give a little explanation.
    CANBUS is a system where one central brain controls all activity on the bus. This works with simpler wiring and ensures easy addition of extra modules. Another benefit would be that the CANBUS system is very lean in regard to data traveling on the bus since it will only pass on changes in state, so it will not constantly signal that a switch is in the on or off position but will only signal when the switch is operated. The CANBUS system also works great when adding logic modules, no changes to the whole system are necessary, only an updated driver should be sufficient to plug-in an extra module and use it as well. No user programming necessary (but also not possible)
    AFAIK the CANBUS system is widely used in the automotive sector (BMW, Mercedes, etc) and I know it from BMW motorcycles. One aspect that is of some importance to know is that for the BMW motorcycles any defective module will be recognized as such by the central brain and taken off the bus rendering it inoperable. So a defective sensor or switch will be set to inactive and no longer can send any info on the CANBUS system, the advantage is that a defective part cannot destroy the rest of the connected parts or modules.
    This is about as far as my understanding goes, the Web should provide you with plenty additional information. e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

I do believe that use of CANBUS will provide many opportunities and will mostly benefit plug-and-play solutions making life easier for the builders.

I hope this helps,
    Best regards,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by petersm99 View Post
    Hello OmniAtlas,

as I do believe that use of CANBUS will provide many opportunities and will mostly benefit plug-and-play solutions making life easier for the builders.

I hope this helps,
    Best regards,
    Marc
    thank you Marc - I heard it will also make it more affordable for the home cockpit builder?

10+ Posting Member

Hello OmniAtlas,

Glad I could help a little. Regarding the pricing, I have no idea whether it will be a cheaper solution or not.
    The biggest advantage for the automotive sector is that less wiring is required and that the Canbus system is more stable and reliable. Personally I think that it will greatly depend on proper design, implementation and thorough testing.

Best regards,
    Marc

Thanks Marc, do you think there will be any advantages over plug and play solutions like those offered by flyengravity?

i heard simparts.de is also going the canbus system way with prosim737 support. This is from what people have seen over this recent FS weekend.

10+ Posting Member

Hello OmniAtlas,

You are absolutely correct, Simparts from Germany has also developed their own Canbus interface.
    I just did not get the chance to have an in-depth look at it due to time restraints and the stand being too crowded. I am glad that other visitors are adding info.

I do not know whether it will have advantages over the currently marketed P&P systems, however, Canbus is P&P and I do believe that companies will make the move towards Canbus. One major advantage that I can see is that whenever they want to add functionality, it is a matter of just adding the Canbus module and it should all function as designed, this versus making new connections, changing the wiring or having other difficulties trying to incorporate new functionality into existing designs. Adding extra parts to current P&P modules is no simple task I imagine. Canbus may make that a lot easier.

Best Regards,
    Marc

75+ Posting Member

Ben , where is this sim?

Chris Danker
    Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast