Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: My Simworld MIP Panel Full Kit (Advanced) Arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by zeineddine View Post
    I'm at the office now, I can take a measurement when I get home and send to you. If I recall we cut right in the middle of the lowest screw. They are not needed once the panels connect together. I'll take measurements from bottom to top for you later today.
    Thanks that would be appreciated. I will make up my mind also. Since the plate is on its way already i guess i just have to bite the bullet. I will probably cut just above the lowest screw of the center mip however

25+ Posting Member

Hey Killerbee1958, thank you for your input. I have spent this evening looking through the photos sent to me from Filip at simworld. I followed your instructions and soldered the 4 wires to the ADFS switches, well one switch to test it was gonna work with my FDS SYSx4 Interface board. The testing of 1 switch worked fine. I am well pleased with the result. I can't seem to get any photos uploaded here to show the wiring, but it worked fine. I haven't put together any other panels, but I just wanted to see if the ADFS switches actually worked. I am gonna try and focus on connecting the toggles etc to their respective panels, but my work on it will be slow as I don't have much spare time.

I would appreciate if you send me the document you are working on, it would be invaluable to me. My email address is decky _ green at yahoo dot co dot uk. Maybe I will be able to add some photos etc to it...

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeckerZ View Post
    I would appreciate if you send me the document you are working on, it would be invaluable to me. My email address is decky _ green at yahoo dot co dot uk. Maybe I will be able to add some photos etc to it...
    I will sent the doc this evening as i am now in the office with no access to it.
    I really appreciate you updating the doc with your experience. Your approach to first install all switches and electronics and then assemble the mip might for instance proof a better approach. I am intersted in your views on it.

4. Thanks DeckerZ thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Rob,

I have been figuring it out this evening and i will cut the MIP.
    I will receive the plate and am convinced this is a very good solution both from a perspective point of view and from a construction point of view (i will build some walls to support the plate btw)

One more question if i may. I have indeed found i need to cut just below the third screw of the support brackets of the middle mip leaving the center mip in fact unsupported in the top.
    I am thinking of using the piece that has been cut from the bracket to fix on the now newer top part of the center mip. WIll need some tweaking as this interferes with the landing gear and yaw damper but i believe i will be able to fix this.
    But i am very interested to learn how you did this?
    Have you been fixing the support brackets to the center mip or did you leave them unfixed at the top?

I would really appreciate your view on this

25+ Posting Member

I have been working on some aspects of the MIP all evening. I have fully wired all the ADFS LED's and switches (6 of them). I have connected short wires to them so to make connection to my Interface card easier. I connected the microswitches to clock on the pilot side of the MIP and hot glues the switches in place as super glue just didn't hold. Take a look at some of the photos I have taken along the way.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1016092...eat=directlink

I ran onto a problem with mounting my monitors. I wanted to mount my 19" widescreen monitors and discovered there wasn't enough space horizontally, so I cut a piece of the MIP on the captain side to allow me to fit one of the monitors in. I haven't found a way to secure it, but I'm now sure it will fit. Killerbee1958 I have found your documents most helpful and referred to them many times this evening during my construction. I will be back working on it tomorrow, I hope. I am keen to finish the captain side and get the monitor secured.

2000+ Poster - Never Leaves the Sim

I've been in touch with simworld and they have glareshields/wings for sale (not on their website) compatible with their MIPs. They are also bringing out to production an EFIS frame, and their own MCP for their MIPs in October.

Anyone have videos of their fully assembled simworld MIP with backlighting? They seem to be the most affordable route to building a fully functional MIP.

25+ Posting Member

Hello,
    I just read this topic with great interest and I commend you for your achievements.
    What is it for these posts? I still have not seen glareshield for sale on the site ... OmniAtlas, what is it for sale on another site?
    Finally, could you make the backlight and may you continue with pictures?
    Thank you for everything

Their glarewings are now on sale here -- simworld - where simulation meets reality - Glarewings set

25+ Posting Member

Yes, they are. I saw it but I wonder if they are prefigured for mounting the "warning".

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast