Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: My Simworld MIP Panel Full Kit (Advanced) Arrived.

Thanks for the detailed progress on your build, you have provided some great infromation. I have just recently put an order in for the Capt/Center panels and I am looking forward to the set up.

25+ Posting Member

Great to hear you're progressing on your project as well. You will find out that the precision on the Simworld panels is very accurate to a degree that sometimes the thickness of the paint inside a cutout might be in the way of something fitting in the cutout and you have to just scrape it slightly for it to fit. That's laser cutting I suppose. The display screens were my biggest challenge. I cut the top part and installed the glarewings and glareshield only to find out after installation that I did not make them at a 15degree inclination as in the real cockpit, so I took the top panel out and replaced it with a new one that has the exact angle and protrusion over the panel. I'm attaching a photo. Looks great now. The 15 degrees made a huge difference in seeing the MCP and EFIS properly and now is at a 90 degree with the main MIP panel which is like in the real cockpit I believe.

Good luck on your project ...
    Cheers
    Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

After a slight delay due to a fault laser cutter, I finally received my goodies and you are absolutely correct, Simworld panels are great quality and Filip offers top marks in service. It looks like I will have to start my MIP build from scratch as the angles and sizes of my current build conflict with my new panels, Oh well time to break out the tools again . This time I am planning on taking things slowly so it gets done right this time; I am still waiting on my lower panels and frame to arrive so I think I will start on mounting my MCP/EFIS. Im curious on how your wiring looks, any chance of a pic from the rear? thanks again for the info

25+ Posting Member

I ordered Simworld's MIP aswell, and waiting for it. Where did your glareshield/wing?

25+ Posting Member

I got my Glareshield and glarewings from Sismo Solucionnes along with the MCP and EFIS.

Have fun setting up your Panel ....

Rob.

25+ Posting Member

Looks very Nice! Did you have to do a lot of work to fit the glarewing and shield? Because it seems like you had to be creative to get it mounted?

( http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/atta...5&d=1310367530 )

25+ Posting Member

Thanks. Yeah, actually the photo I had posted before shows the aluminum base for the glarewings and shield leveled straight which is not how the glareshield is in a real cockpit. It is supposed to be at 15 degrees inclination upwards to make a 90 degree angle with the panel. I realized this after mounting it when I couldn't read the MCP very well. So I made another aluminum plate that is inclined and mounted it on top of the panel. The trick was in cutting the panel perfectly straight and placing angle brackets at the connections to mount the aluminum board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

25+ Posting Member

I was informed of this thread based on my thread on this forum about my cockpit build.
    I have also decided to get myself the simworld mip with sismo shield/wings but from reading jumbo0's thread i was still struggling a bit with the mounting of the shield/wings on the mip.

This solutions look marvelous to me. INdeed with the angle how it should look.

But (sorry to be so direct and typical dutch about it) the plate would be even more perfect if it was made of the mip material and in the mip colour.

Now i read that all of you have great experience with Filip. Could we help Filip by giving him the details of this plate so he could make it part of his offering?

I am offering to be the first customer to buy it from them.
    Any thoughts of how we could make this happen?

25+ Posting Member

Hey guys, I have found this post most interesting. I discovered recently it after I had ordered my Advanced Line MIP, Electronic Components and Annunciators from Simworld. I can't wait to start building, actually this is my second time around. I did own a second-hand MIP about 8 years ago, but it was made from MDF, and I never did get to complete the project. I have had some time to think about the project and the technology has advanced in the last 8 years. The MIP's now are aluminimum and are a lot more realistic with a powder coated finish. I have a flight deck solutions SYSx4 card to wire in all the annunicators and switches, which is so easy to use. I was initially thinking of Opencockpit as they have lots of cards available, but I didn't really want to start learning a programming language! flight deck solutions doesn't require any more than clicking and selecting values.

I already have a CPFlight RS232 MCP and 1 x EFIS, a Flight Deck Solutions CDU but I now need to think about the following:

Landing gear lever
    Glaresheild Captain, Centre and First Officer
    Glarewings, Captain and First Officer
    Monitors to use in the MIP (have 3 x 19" Widescreen LCD's)

I know I will have to replace one of the 19" LCD's with a smaller ones to use in the centre for engines. Any recommendations on an actual monitor would be welcome.

Also, will my CPFlight MCP (85% scale) and EFIS fit into existing Glaresheild setups?

Thanks for any help.

Declan

25+ Posting Member

You're very right regarding the material. It would be a very good complementary product for a Sismo/SimWorld combination. I am in communication with SimWorld regarding design plans and measurements of the plate.

cheers
    Rob

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast