Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Bacau Romania (LRBC)

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone here has flown or operated out of the Bacau airport (LRBC) in Romania.

I am picking up a 146 in a couple of weeks and ferrying it to Canada, via Southend UK, Kef, Goose Bay then down to Summeride PEI.

I am going to use professional flight planning...either Universal or Jepp...but never having been in this area of the world before I just thought I would through a minnow in the water and see if anyone has...or knows someone that has some useful airmanship information.

My only concern is the LRBC to UK sector....have already done hundreds of crossing already.

I have also posted on www.pprune.com.

-Jim

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Re: Bacau Romania (LRBC)

Can I come?

Re: Bacau Romania (LRBC)

Hello everyone.

Just returned saturday afternoonn from my adventure in Bauca Romania. Flew a 146 out of LRBC to Southend (EGMC), then onto Reykajavik for the night. Next day Goose Bay and then Summerside...where it will live out its life for the next 6 months anyway.

Aircraft had been sitting for about 2 years...some issues, but lots of maintenance was done for return to service. Used Jeppesen for flight planning...excellent. Will try and send some pictures later on.

Almost forgot...for those of you have stayed at the Iceland hotel in Reyk....it is basically on the airport...so I could see my 146 out my bedroom window....24 hours of daylight up there right now..so hard to get to sleep.

-Jim