1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

I have a decal machine!

I have just acquired a decal machine, and is able to produce decals and signs for generally any purpose.

If anyone would like any decals made please contact me and I will see if I can help.

I can make mock-up logo's, signs, wording and text etc on stickyback vinyl of any colour. Ideal for your sims.

Cheers.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Re: I have a decal machine!

Here is the first set of decals, these are just mock-ups of the ms flight sim x logo using a similar font and similar looking x, I have just played on the words......

Cut from vinyl using either economy vinyl or 7 year exterior vinyl and cast if required....

I will remove the 'microsoft' and replace with your name as to be honest I have to think about copywrite here but it gives you the idea anyway!

Everything is drawn from scratch and not the original logo at all just looks similar, but effective.

Alex
    Last edited by CessnaGuy; 06-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    GA or the Highway!

500+ This must be a daytime job Ronson2k9's Avatar

Seems pretty cool but perhaps to get a better perspective on things the maximum size of the decal may help? I was thinking of getting the switch panel made as a decal as that would save a ton of time and tedium (that of course would be transferred to the cutting side of things). Still though would be quite cool to have a logo for the sim or some such along the side too.

- You could use the call numbers of the aircraft you are flying in the sim (if you have a specific one)
    - You could use the VA airline you are flying for. ETC

Not sure about using copyrighted stuff though. If you were making it for yourself you could get away with it I'm thinking but as you want to sell your decal service to a degree I think there could be a conflict with that. Weather or not Boeing or Cessna would care is a different matter.

Seems cool though.
    Up Up and away in my beautiful my beautiful - Amphibian

Hi Alex,
    Put me down for two decals! Use my name Phil's .
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

I dont know that copyright is a major issue.When you consider the number of people out there, private and business, that make exact replicas of aircraft panels, switches, TQs, interior lining, as far as I know they have never been approached for legal reasons.

These people are not actually competing with the companies in the relevant industry, ie real aircraft parts, but in a simulated industry. I am sure Boeing and Airbus are well aware of the size of the sim hobby now, as well as all the other companies that make components panels, radios etc.
    Cheers
    Dave

Hi All,

To be honest these are just idea's, i've seen a tonne of stuff that breaches copywrite out there. No way on earth would I sell a copywrite design, but If I modify it considerably, you can probably call it a hobby sticker. My fsx logo design, doesn't use any of the original fonts, the x is a different font and not italic, the spacing is different, the line under the x is also different, I just put the 'microsoft' word up there for effect to give the perception of the logo.

My decals 'at the moment' on my current machine goes upto 160mm high by a meter wide, but small lettering is almost impossible to cut so min lettering height I think I can get away with is about 10mm. Baring in mind my machine cuts signs and not intricate small lettering, although it can cut small letters down to 10mm!

I wont sell my decals either, I wont do this for profit, I'm not a business and never will be! I will make a decal for someone for cost of materials and shipping! (Sim building is expensive enough, this is my hobby and enjoys making decals and not for profit! The last thing I need is the tax man on my case! I have a tax man in my family so I am VERY careful!

Cheers,

Alex
    Last edited by CessnaGuy; 06-11-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    GA or the Highway!

Hi Phil,

Pm sent, I will do the decal for cost of material and shipping! Will cut it for free!

Cheers,

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Cnc converted to decal machine with a Roland tip did this too my machine & works great. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cn...r_diy_mdf.html
    I Started with Nothing & ive still got loads left..

Funny you saying that, My Roland blade holder can accept a diamond tip and can scratch engrave (although its not proper engraving just scratching). I used a tacky sheet to hold the substrate and then the top coat of the substrate is scratched, I used a 300g downforce which is enough to scratch most plastics and soft aluminium, good for dog tags etc! Only downside is that no infills can be done, but hairline text can be created!
    GA or the Highway!

I like to personally thank Alex for a wonderful job and a fast shipping on my personal decals!!!! I love them they are great looking and the quality is superb!!! I highly recommend these decals, two thumbs up!!! I can't wait to put them on my sim.
    Thank you so much Alex.
    Cheers
    Phil
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

11. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post