Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Contacting Open Cockpits

Has anyone had any trouble or been able to reach any one at OpenCockpits? I placed an order 4-27 received a tracking number yet the Correos and USPS show no trace of the number, sent email through the site over a week ago and directly to sales@opencockpits.com a few days ago. I understand they have someone to translate but im getting very anxious and nervous.

Im generally patient when it comes to order time but with no hit on the tracking number and no email response im getting impatient,

Scott

Re: Contacting Open Cockpits

Hello,

I send them some products in October back for repair (they told me to do so after an email conversation about the problem). Got a message from the post office that they recieved it and till now no respons. I send about 20 mails to both support and sales mail but no respons. I'm already waiting 8 months for any news of my products (in total +- 500 euro)

One thing is sure I'll never buy something at opencockpits, always got problems. Pay more expensive but get quality and service !

Maxime.

75+ Posting Member

My last order took about 6 weeks, previous orders were received within two weeks. I contacted them at my last order and they responded very quickly telling me that they were experiencing shipping times up to 8 weeks. But with the tracking number not showing up and no response im kinda worried. Ill give them the benefit of a doubt but I may have to reconsider future purchases. My budget for building is tight as it is to be sending money overseas to disappear

75+ Posting Member

After two more emails, one sent to tech support I finally got a reply stating there were delays to for USA shipments and they would forward this to sales to follow up on. Many days later with no response. I guess OC is lacking in customer support and seems to not take it seriously. Hopefully I can get this order or a refund and I can look elswhere for a vendor..

500+ This must be a daytime job

If you paid with credit card, you can file a dispute. You will get your money back, in the US at least.
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

75+ Posting Member

Well I guess thats the course of action I need to take since I cant get a response and Open Cockpits seems to have zero customer service skills..

I seem to be lucky then. I ordered some push button switches 5 weeks ago and they arrived this week.
    Not too bad considering the shipping time, however I did order a couple of Leo Cards on the same day and they arrived 10 days ago. Similar shipping time from China to Aus. I put the delay down to living remote and most times there is an extended delay but that one is dragging on a bit.
    Cheers
    Dave

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

I had a question in relation to a defective servo card and servo (my fault, I connected them up wrong) and I received an email reply within two days. I have now ordered another servo on 6th June and I am still waiting for it but will expect it next week once the payment clears. I have had no problems with the company and I at least find that the customer service is good.
    That said however, the last item I ordered was a plug and play TCAS unit for my pedestal. I have no complaints regarding delivery time but I tracked it using the UPS tracker number and what a surprise I had. This is a Spanish company and I live about 800 kilometres away on the east coast of Spain. My little parcel travelled from central Spain up to the north (Bilbao area) then back down slightly right of centre and finally to the Alicante area - total distance travelled just over 1400 kilometres.

It may well be that the problem in the delays do not lie totally within OpenCockpits but more with UPS.

Gary

WOW, what a bummer. I have been wrestling with what I/O options to use for my pit build and after much consternation had started to zero in on their products. I guess it's back to the drawing board . . .

25+ Posting Member bussgarfield's Avatar

Tom,
    I totally use all of their products for my 737 pit from plug and play devices to panels and I am very happy with the products. I was in no way having a pop at OC, more about the delivery aspect.
    That said, when I ordered the new PMDG NGX Boeing manuals, they took forever to get here from the States so it is as broad as it is long.

You will speak to some people that have only bad things to say about companies and those that think they are the best thing since sliced bread (which incidently was first manufactured 50 years ago this week). Unfortunately it is the odd bad comments that potential customers seem to remember when considering purchases as opposed to the good ones. I cannot compare the OC products (and wouldn't) with other companies as I have only had those from OC.

It is each to their own really and of course the size of your wallet and how much of your own work you want to put into your cockpit.

Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast