Thread: Where to start?

25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Where to start?

Hi All,

After playing MSFSX for awhile and then stumbling across this web site and seeing some of the amazing things you guys do building your sims i thought this is worth a go.. I decided to build from scratch and am proud to say after three weeks I now have a throttle handle for a 737 lol. At this rate i should have the full TQ buy 2030.
    One thing I have noticed is the lack of parts like interface cards available in Australia.. If any one know some where or has any ideas I would really appreciate any info.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Where to start?

Hi Mark
    I live way up north and I have bought some of Leo Bodnars cards. Prompt service, and quick delivery from OS. They are quick and easy to install and get up and running. Install and register FSUIPC and you can start flipping switches and get flying.
    I havent come across anyone local who sells/makes boards in australia.
    PS your build progress is about on track with the rest of us... lol... I have been dragging it out for over 12 months now and there are others here that have take much longer... Its all about enjoying the build as well as the end results.
    Cheers
    Dave

25+ Posting Member

G'Day Dave,

Way down south here (Melbourne) Thanks for the heads up on the cards.. I have seen Loe's cards on diffrent web sites and thought there must be someone in Oz doing this stuff.. Seems not. Destroyed a couple of Logitech attack 3's to get the basics of whats needed and I'm going with your idea of sending some cash to Leo.
    Found Jaycar good for toggles. switches and trimpots plus a vast number of LED's so have a ready source on thoses parts. I can see this site is going to be invaluable for me as I'm not the smartest person when it comes to programing things so I hope you guys can bear with me on that side ( won't be for awhile tho but I will warn you all when i'm close lol )

Talk soon,

Mark

25+ Posting Member

Ok.. Just a little update on my progress.. 737 TQ is almost finished ( alot of cold nights in the shed there ) Not quiet authentic, but close enough for the first attempt.
    Took delivery last week of the BU0836X card by Loe Bodnar. Fantastic.. makes things so easy. Need to reintroduce myself to the family before i start the yoke lol.
    In the meantime need to do more research on a few things ( so much reading ) Any one have any ideas or have the measurments for the TQ pedestal please?

Thanks..

Mark