Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level CanberraACT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question ProSim:737 and Open Cockpits

Well I've lately re-discovered the free ProSim:737 and it is fantastic.

I'm getting rid of my FreeFD, OGS1.2 and ON737 Systems. This package can do it all.

I have a question for anyone who has built, all of their hardware from scratch, and are using OpenCockpit cards (not pre-packaged modules): The ProSimMCP software seems to have variables set aside for it's use. I have successfully got my hardware to work using those variables in my SIOC script. I presume I then include those same variables in the master ProSim737 configuration screen as well as the ProSimMCP?

I presume I then assign other variable numbers, in ProSim737, (leaving out the ones used by MCP) to every other switch/indicator I have in hardware?

Can I then run another instance of SIOC with these variables to cover all of the other functions?

Can anyone supply a copy of their scripts they are using with ProSim?

By the way, I have ProSim running on my Instructor Computer and SIOC on my hardware computer.

Thanks,

CanberraACT

Programmer

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: ProSim:737 and Open Cockpits

If you have the MCP working by adapting the SIOC script, you don't need to do anything else. The values you see in the Prosim737 main configuration are just another way to control the MCP. They are there so you can use other means to control the MCP, but if you have it working directly with the SIOC script, you can forget about all MCP items in the main configuration file.

If you want to control other switches with SIOC, just connect Prosim737 directly to SIOC and tell it what variables you are using. You can add these variables to your MCP script, so you keep everything in one file and one SIOC instance.