Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Simconnect vs FSUIPC

Hi All,

This might be a nonsence question but I am finding a bit difficult to understand the difference between FSUIPC and Simconnect (if there are any).

I am building a 737 cockpit, at the moment I am working on the overhead panel but I am finding that with simconnect what it can be simulated is minimal (maybe 20 switches/anunciators of the whole thing) so I am wondering if fsuipc does offer more functionality or if it is the same thing, I mean can access the same events and variables...

As well I have heard about people able to simulate wipers which is not provided by simconnect would they do that with fsuipc?

2. Likes SSO liked this post
    300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Simconnect vs FSUIPC

Quote Originally Posted by julio_w View Post
    I am building a 737 cockpit, at the moment I am working on the overhead panel but I am finding that with simconnect what it can be simulated is minimal (maybe 20 switches/anunciators of the whole thing) so I am wondering if fsuipc does offer more functionality or if it is the same thing, I mean can access the same events and variables...
    FSUIPC is only an interface into whatever FS offers, and a "clearing house" for add-ons talking to other add-ons. It actually uses SimConnect itself for most of the access inot FS itself. The reason that you find so little in FS for your 737 overhead is that FS simulates so little. Most of the things you want for a fully operational overhead have to be provided by add-ons. They are not part of FS itself.

So you need to consider which add-on aircraft model you are going to choose. If it is PMDG or iFly then those provide virtually complete systems, and you would need to somehow interface to those -- differently for each, and not usually via SimConnect (though the PMDG 737NGX has implemented a SimConnect interface for its subsystems).

Alternatively you use a simpler model, such as the default 737, or the Posky one, or (in FS9) a stripped down PMDG one, and implement the systems using add-on systems packages such as Project Magenta, SimAvionics, Flight Deck Software or Prosim737.

Pete

4. Thanks SSO, CocnutAir thanked for this post
    Likes SSO liked this post