Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FSUIPC Run options for FSX

Hi Nick,
    FsuipcRun Options DOES not work for FSX. You have to edit FSUIPC.ini file.
    BSD gives over options,there are many for want you want to do.
    Les

2. Thanks Nick1150 thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Coming back to this issue... It was a very busy week for me with more or less 14 hours spent in the office daily, so I could not spent even one minute on my sim. Never the less I tried yesterday to fix few things, and now I am flying !!!! I must admit that FSX is WOW, it is a great upgrade from FS9. I can say that it was worth it yet, but I am happy for the time being.

Anyway I have few issues I have to take care and after hopefully I can be 100% operational. One of the issues I have concerns the above matter.

More specificaly, I have made 7 Runif lines to open and close 7 programs after FSUIPC starts. All prgrams work well, except the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe application. For a very strange reason, FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!! Both files are situated in the same directory. I even tried moving the Revolution Sim Products.exe file to another directory, and then FSUIPC did not open anything. So I am in a deadend right now. My mind cannot think of anything. Do you have any clue why would that happen ?

FYI when I use the shortcut from the start menu with the mouse, it opens the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe as it should. The problem is that FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!

Any hint guys ?

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    FYI when I use the shortcut from the start menu with the mouse, it opens the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe as it should. The problem is that FSUIPC open Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!
    Try putting "..." around the complete name. It might simply be getting a shortened part of the name (it only passes the data to Windows to handle).

Alternatively, make a copy of "Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe" and rename it, say, "RSP4PM.exe" and use that more convenient name.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    Try putting "..." around the complete name. It might simply be getting a shortened part of the name (it only passes the data to Windows to handle).
    It is already in " " , so I did that.

Alternatively, make a copy of "Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe" and rename it, say, "RSP4PM.exe" and use that more convenient name.

Pete
    I will try this during the following hours

Thanks Pete,

Nope...

It didn't work !!!!

Whatever I do FSUIPC still opens Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!

By using the mouse and opening the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe from the desktop it works, but not the other way.

Any idea ?

Crazy, isn'y it ?

300+ Forum Addict

Whatever I do FSUIPC still opens Revolution Sim Products.exe instead of Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe !!!!
    I think it logs the command line it sends. What does it show there?

By using the mouse and opening the Revolution Sim Products for Project Magenta.exe from the desktop it works, but not the other way.
    You have the EXE on the desktop, or are you referring to a shortcut? If it's a shortcut, look to see what it is actually loading and from where.

Any idea ?
    Not really, because I have no information. Version number of FSUIPC? Run line in INI? log?

It isn't a complicated facility. All it does is send the command to Windows. I'm guessing that the shortcut you are using has a command line parameter to specify PM mode, and that you are omitting th\at in the INI file line.

Pete

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

This is how it is written in my FSUIPC4 Ini file and it works perfectly in FSX.

[Programs]
    Run1=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimDisplay\CAPT\ProsimDisplay.exe
    Run2=E:\pm\Prosim\Prosim737\ProSim737.exe
    Run3=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimMCP\ProsimMCP.exe
    Run4=E:\pm\Prosim\ProsimCDU\ProsimCDU.exe

pm being the folder I created in E Drive, Prosim a folder within pm, and so on.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

Hi,

First of all thanks for the help, I really appreciate it

As far as the lines, it goes as follows:

[Programs]
    RunIf1=READY,CLOSE,C:\PFD\pfd.exe
    RunIf2=READY,CLOSE,C:\pmSounds\pmSounds.exe
    RunIf3=READY,CLOSE,C:\MCP\MCP.exe
    RunIf4=READY,KILL,C:\Users\Boeing737\Desktop\B737.exe
    RunIf5=READY,CLOSE,"C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC\sioc.exe"
    RunIf6=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\squawkbox_fsx.exe"
    RunIf7=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Please note that all 6 first lines work ok, expect the last one, which runs as said above the file "RSim throttle.exe" instead of "RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Thanks again,

Nick

300+ Forum Addict

RunIf7=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"

Please note that all 6 first lines work ok, expect the last one, which runs as said above the file "RSim throttle.exe" instead of "RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe"
    Sounds like it's somehow getting truncated. The entire line is 126 characters, which is close to one of the possible limits (128 including 0 terminator) -- though it might be 256 (I don't know without wading into the code). What about the suggested short renaming?

[LATER] Checked FSUIPC4 code (you've not told me anything about versions yet), and it can take well over the max possible path handled by Windows. I added your line to my INI and this was logged:

122219 FSUIPC couldn't run: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Revolution Simproducts\Throttle quadrant manager\RSim throttle Project Magenta.exe" [Error=2]

The error is "file not found" which is understandable because I don't have it. What does your log show (to repeat the question)?

Please also see my last reply where I asked quite a few additional questions. I still have insufficient information.

Pete

11. Thanks Nick1150 thanked for this post

I think it logs the command line it sends. What does it show there?
    That means that I have to see the log file, right ? Please specify what exactly am I looking for, because I haven't ever used the log file. I will do this this afternoon.

You have the EXE on the desktop, or are you referring to a shortcut? If it's a shortcut, look to see what it is actually loading and from where.
    That's just the Cockpit Sonic driver for the MIP. I originaly placed it on the desktop, and yes it is an .exe file. Runs without any issues from there. Could that trouble anything ?

Not really, because I have no information. Version number of FSUIPC? Run line in INI? log?
    The latest FSUIPC4 version.

It isn't a complicated facility. All it does is send the command to Windows. I'm guessing that the shortcut you are using has a command line parameter to specify PM mode, and that you are omitting th\at in the INI file line.
    I will send this link to Eren from RSP, maybe he can help.

Thanks

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast