500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dummy 7 Segment Displays

g'day chaps.........
    i've been playing around with 7 segment displays recently after building an overhead panel for a colleague. so, after making a set of 737 overhead displays for him (and then myself), a couple of other people asked me to make some for them.
    so, i decided that if there were so many people interested, then perhaps i ought to spill the beans as to 'how to do it'.
    we've added the Electric Meter Panel and the Land & Flight Alt displays to the 737 overhead and it really does add that final touch. they are not functional (yet), purely cosmetic, but WOW they are impressive installed. the IRS is next.
    i've written up a doc detailing how i did it which may be of interest to somebody.
    doesn't have to be a 737 overhead, what about your homemade MCP or Dummy radio's.
    http://www.737ng.co.uk/7%20segment%20displays.pdf
    hope that helps somebody out.... have a great weekend
    regards

ian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

2. Thanks N737AG, vybhav, BishBash, mpl330, oal331, wledzian thanked for this post