Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FDS Elec/Cab Unit

Quote Originally Posted by davemckee View Post
    After going back and checking it again, with the new download from Prosim I found out that I CAN open all programs. I have PM's System, but have yet to figure out how to assign the 7 segment displays. I downloaded the softwar program (xml) files from FDS but again am totally confused on how to assign the displays. Matt....maybe on your website you could present a tutorial (when you get the chance) to help the computer illiterates like myself so we can see how to do it. PM used to have that on their site, but have recently changed and it isn"t there anymore. Thanks Dave
    Hi Dave ...
    I don't have the FDS Elec Cab unit but I built one just like opencockpits have fopr 64 euro .. And I connected the displays to O/C master card and assigned the variables in prosim .. Then generated a SIOC stub from prosim and copy/paste the script into my sioc.ssi script file ..

So, it's working for me great .. At that time opencockpits didn't have their elec cab unit if not I would buy there's for 64 euro instead of making one .. But it was a piece of cake to make it. I bought the displays from o/c with the holders and glued the displays onto a rectangular cut plexiglass and soldiered all the display holders .. Then connected all the wires to the o/c display card which is hooked up to the master card ..

A/C

75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: FDS Elec/Cab Unit

After all is said and done I sat down 1 last time, and the light bulb went from dim to bright. Come to find out I didn't load the xml files. As soon as I did that the displays came on and everything works fine. Regards Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12