Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    300+ Forum Addict manhattan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Plymouth UK
    Posts
    347
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Sadly, VOX ATC, the ONLY proper and accurate atc simulation programme that does not involve pressing buttons for replies etc, is no more. The designer is no longer supporting VOX, and has moved on to other things. As he lives locally, a friend of mine has offered to take the project over from him, but he has no further interest.

    This is a great pity, as those of you that use VOX will know how incredible it is! It is the closest thing to reality, and will be sadly missed.

    TONY.
    Plymouth,
    U.K.

  2. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post
  3. #2
    75+ Posting Member my737sim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    76
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    Sadly, VOX ATC, the ONLY proper and accurate atc simulation programme that does not involve pressing buttons for replies etc, is no more. The designer is no longer supporting VOX, and has moved on to other things. As he lives locally, a friend of mine has offered to take the project over from him, but he has no further interest.

    This is a great pity, as those of you that use VOX will know how incredible it is! It is the closest thing to reality, and will be sadly missed.

    TONY.
    Plymouth,
    U.K.
    That's horrible news!!!!!!! I've used VoxATC for years and loved it.

    What a shame, I hope development continues with someone else picking it up. I love VoxATC!!!

    Matt

  4. #3
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    166
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Hi Tony,

    I use Radar Contact and have incorporated the use of a programme called Game Commander 2, You are able to assign a keystoke or a number of keystrokes to a voice recognition phrase that you can create. It is so simple to use and can be used with various software packages. Well worth looking into.

    Kind Regards

    Bernie.
    E8400 @ 3.0GHz, DDR2 Ram 800MHz 4Gb, Vista Home Premium 64Bit, MSI 9800GT @ 512Mb, Philips 22" LCD Widescreen, Cockpit Setup X 5 using Wideview and Widetraffic.

  5. #4
    150+ Forum Groupie Philb737's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    282
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    I'm using MCE for few months now and it works great with RC and native ATC! Two thumbs up!
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

  6. #5
    75+ Posting Member my737sim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    76
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Philb737 View Post
    I'm using MCE for few months now and it works great with RC and native ATC! Two thumbs up!
    What is MCE if you don't mind me asking?

    Thanks!

    Matt

  7. #6
    150+ Forum Groupie Philb737's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    282
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Multi Crew Experience
    http://www.multicrewxp.com/
    Multi Crew Experience Add-on ATC feature PMDG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYLm...layer_embedded
    Radar Contact voice interaction using Multi Crew Experience
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqz0D...layer_embedded
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

  8. Thanks BishBash thanked for this post
  9. #7
    300+ Forum Addict manhattan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Plymouth UK
    Posts
    347
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by my737sim View Post
    That's horrible news!!!!!!! I've used VoxATC for years and loved it.

    What a shame, I hope development continues with someone else picking it up. I love VoxATC!!!

    Matt
    Hello again!!

    My friend who knows the VOX designer well, has just learned that VOXATC for 2010 will now be supported, and available as usual!!
    Unfortunately, 2004 will not be supported which is a bit of a blow for the many flightsimmers out there who use it!

    This is good news.

    TONY.

  10. #8
    300+ Forum Addict manhattan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Plymouth UK
    Posts
    347
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Re: VOX ATC FINISHED!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Philb737 View Post
    Multi Crew Experience
    http://www.multicrewxp.com/
    Multi Crew Experience Add-on ATC feature PMDG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WYLm...layer_embedded
    Radar Contact voice interaction using Multi Crew Experience
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqz0D...layer_embedded
    MCE is all very well, but if you fly alone, you don't have a co pilot and sounds really daft talking to one!!

    TONY