Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Tom Kyler San Antonio, TX

Hello all. My name is Tom Kyler, a mechanical engineer from south Texas. I develop scenery and aircraft simulations for Laminar Research, maker of the x-plane flight simulator and have recently been looking into building my own cockpit using x-plane. I have a good amount of fabrication experience in woodworking and CNC work..and would like to build my own CNC also.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Tom Kyler San Antonio, TX

Welcome to the world of cockpit builders Tom! Sounds like you will have all the skills you need to build an exelent pit!
    What exactly do you fancy building?

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Welcome to the world of cockpit builders Tom! Sounds like you will have all the skills you need to build an exelent pit!
    What exactly do you fancy building?
    Thank you Clive!

Well I thought I'd start simple and build a Mitsubishi MU-2 quadrant first. I'm in the design phase currently, doing the design in Vectorworks, my CAD package of choice. The Mu2 is one of the sim aircraft I do for x-plane (www.x-scenery.com) and doesn't seem too intimidating to begin with.

Long term I'd certainly like to look into a 737 as I'm working on one for x-plane now with a team and I'm tailoring the programming of the project to be 'hardware friendly'.

I'm new to controllers and electronics and though I have a fair amount of programming experience, unfortunately none is with respects to hardware/software interfaces. I only recently found this site and it seems to be the right place to get help in those areas. I look forward to getting "caught up" on all the knowledge here.

75+ Posting Member

You should find everything you need here .... I built my 737-800 with very little knowledge of anything ... I hardly can find my way around a PC nevermind interface hardware and software! Once you get started you learn quick, especially when you have a community of like minded individuals behind you who have experianced all the problems before you!
    Get stuck in and don't delay!

Clive