Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Windshield Sources for Cessna 172 Fuselage?

I have just started work on a GA pit using a Cessna 172 fuselage that I picked up on eBay. It's in fair shape overall but there are some pieces that are beyond repair. Among the parts I need to replace is the front windshield. I've been out on eBay and a few other sites looking for sources and the cost of a new windshield is fairly steep.

Has any one found a suitable alternative or run into a source for windshields that might have minor blemishes causing them to be sold at a reduced rate?

10+ Posting Member

Re: Windshield Sources for Cessna 172 Fuselage?

There is a GA junkyard just north of St. Louis in Staunton, IL that might have what you need.

3. Thanks Tom_G_2010 thanked for this post
    150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar

Re: Windshield Sources for Cessna 172 Fuselage?

You can also try your luck from your local airfield GA maintenance person/company. We had luck to be in the right place in the right time when they changed a new windshield to a flying C172. The old one ended up in the trash can and I immediately asked if I could have it to our project instead.
    Of course there's some prop sandwash marks and scrapes but from my opinion it just makes it more authentic. At least the real Cessna's I've been flying all had quite old windshields.