Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Opinions on the ProFlight MCP Pro Airliner panel - on sale right now

I don't come down here very often - actually pretty intimidated by all the "big boy toys" you guys are building. Me, Just putting together a generic "simpit". I have been looking at the ProFlight MCP panel for some time and it just went on sale for $399.00 USD. Looking for some reviews on it but so far no luck. Anybody using one?

Couple of questions... I take it is connected via USB? How about mounting. I plane to have this on a desk but I don't see any type mounting holes. Does it come with a bracket?

One additional question - do the buttons light up when depressed? I have yet to see any screenshots showing them lighted.

thx,

Clutch

(P.S. - Blown away what you guys build here, amazing stuff)

10+ Posting Member

Re: Opinions on the ProFlight MCP Pro Airliner panel - on sale right now

I am using the Goflight Mcp pro and love it! The unit connected via usb. There are mounting brackets that come with it, so mounting it to a desk shouldnt be a problem at all. All of the buttons light up when depressed as well. You will find some youtube video's that show these functions working if you search for it.

Your main problem you might find is getting drivers for some 3rd party addons such as pmdg, captain sim...ect. I know there are some drivers you can buy for the PMDG 737/ 747. Other companies are just not compatable and will not work at all. The unit will "plug and play" with any default fs aircraft as well as wilco's 737 PIC and Level D 767. I also believe it works with project magenta out of the box as well, but I cant say off hand as I wouldnt touch PM with a 100 ft pole. Thats another topic though. There are other developers who have been working on drivers for their aircraft such as Ifly. With a free download their driver allows seamless integration with their aircraft.

All in all I have been very happy with the unit and do not regret the purchase at all. Hope that helps out a bit.

Cheers

Greg

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Opinions on the ProFlight MCP Pro Airliner panel - on sale right now

Thx Greg, for the input. Not too worried about PMDG as I don't fly them. I am looking forward to the iFLY X version and Level-D but I am just as happy flying stuff like Simmer' Sky (Overland) Boeing aircraft. And I'm really not a systems flyer (yet), mostly hands-on flyer but I would like the auto pilot for better immersion.

I read that one could use FSUIPC (paid version) to make many of connections if there are issues? True?

Thx, you answered everything I asked about. Will probably press the 'Purchase' button today.