Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: New Project Magenta Homepage

Hi Enrico,

Frankly and sincerely, although I admit the new site is more up-to-date than the old one was, but as far as the downloadable updates are concerned, it is a huge step backwards.
    One could see what is new (with dates and the very helpful 'NEW' sign) on a single page, so in case an update was missed by him, it was very easy to find the missing version. But now one has to click and click and click to get where he wants to go and even then it is not clear which version is what.

The new site is much better for those who haven't yet bought PM stuff, but for those who look for updates, it is a leap backward.
    Looking better for sure, but in this regard it is much less functional...

regards
    Potroh

25+ Posting Member

The updates for customers is better than before and we will have notifications and indications what is new. It certainly will be a step forward from an open directory and the fixed HTML as it used to be.

Just give it a bit more than a couple of days to build your final opinion about the new site. You will see it is worth it.

It most certainly is not a *huge* step backwards. We are putting a lot of work into this. But I do appreciate the input.

75+ Posting Member

This is interesting as I decided two years ago to build myself a 737 cockpit ... I was and am no genious when it comes to compuers and software but my abition was to have a 737 simulator....... I chose Project Maganta software because it appered to be the ' industry standard' it was going to be expensive but I ssumed that
    comittng to the 'best' then you would have the minimum no of problems and a good level of support .... I am sorry to say this but I have had incredible levels of supprt from companies I have purchased parts from.ie Sismo Solutiones. CP Flight , etc, but I have to say Project Majenta's support is terrible! yes I mean terrible! we are pilots not computer geeks! All my current problems revolve around PM issues but I am made to feel like an imbercile when I report my problems .... I don't expect to have to be a computer programing genius if I purchase the software I would expect a little bit of guidance and support.... dont get me wrong they always respond to my problems but in a very condesending manner.... they seem to assume I should not be building a sim and using their softwrae if I am not completely competent in such matters! I just want PM to help me get it working ..... as I say I rely on them to have the knoledge while I pay the Euros!
    I find this new web site annoying ........ with the right attitude PM could dominate the market ... while the vibes I am getting from fellow cockpit builders are very negative!

25+ Posting Member

Hello Clive,

what is annoying about the website in particular? Can you name some examples? The intention of going through all the trouble of setting up a new site is not to make things worse but improve them.

And with the current problems you are telling us about... which ones are outstanding? Can you send me an e-mail about it? I have nothing from you outstanding in my inbox and the last one I sent out was about where the Engravity Com port is set in the INI file?

Ciao

Enrico

75+ Posting Member

last one I sent out was about where the Engravity Com port is set in the INI file? that was a year ago
    here is an example of an issue that I have that is still unresolved .... my question to you.. (22nd April this year) "they seem to have the values 561A .0 for left and 561A.1 for
    right.....

what do I do with these?? I have never had to use this type of info
    before?"

your answer ... "Who makes the hardware for the cutoff switches? Did you try to contact them?"

I know my problem is simple and the solution is how I put the PM offsets into FSUIPC all I wanted was the method of doing this explaining to me.
    My responce to this .......

H i Erico

Revolution Sim Products ... I have tried but no response yet...

Can you tell me how to put the offsets below into FSUIPC
    I read the manual but it was not clear on offsets....

your answer..... "Info FSUIPC for what, keyboard commands?

Those are bits 0 and 1 for offset 561A "

this was 23nd of April and our last communication and the issue was first brought up 28th Feb I gave up on getting the info I needed.... Oral from Revolutionary Sim Products has offered to resolve the problem for me with a Skype call soon.

When I have an issue and contact you or Jonathan I always get the distinct impression that I am being a nuisance and I always end up looking elswere for the answer.

I have no issues with the new site other than you would probably gain more business if you have an improved attitude towards your existing customers ....

Clive

75+ Posting Member

Hi
    one thing I want to make clear is that I have no issues with PM Software whatsoever I don't regret purchasing it My issues are caused by my need for support which
    in PM's case has not compared well with others.

25+ Posting Member

Project Magenta, ProSim737 or whatever available on the market, none of this products will be able to simulate a real aircraft system and characteristics to 100%. Each of the suites has advantages as disadvantages. I have installed PM for a some years now and use it operational every week for on-line flying. With some minor exception the software works reliable within my environment and the way I integrated the software (which is one of the key issues I believe). Of course their a lot of new feature I could think for future upgrades and I'm curious about it. But on the other hand I bought the PM B737 suite as it was and I do not expect free upgrades over the complete live cycle of the product. I would be willing to pay a yearly maintenance fee for PM if the software is continuously upgraded with new functionality and for customer support. The customer support at the moment is really poor and I never got an answer on 4 to 5 mails I wrote to them for the last couple of years.

People might blame me regarding the suggested maintenance fee, but I think it is worth to think about ist, because then you can expect 100% customer excellence and periodic product maintenance.

However, I'm watching ProSim737 and did already a test installation. Very promising....

Just my 2 Cents....

Ruediger

25+ Posting Member

Hello Clive,

I am not sure you are quoting my full reply about the cutoff switches. Just to recapiutulate, FS has its own fuel cutoff switches, they are an integral part of the FS engine startup procedure. As you know, the startup procedure of FS does not take into account electrical systems, bleed air and so forth.

pmSystems does take that into account, so that is why it uses its own offsets for that. I.e. your hardware, its drivers, should write to our offsets or at least allow you to change them if they do not do that in the driver. If the proper conditions are met, then it will actuate the FS cutoff switches and allow the engines to start.

So we have

a) FS cutoff switches and their offsets
    b) pmSystems cutoff switches and their offsets

That is why it is intstrumental that you contact the hardware manufacturer about this. They should allow you to change that for a proper implementation of their hardware. We do not control what the hardware and its driver does, Revolutionary Sim Products does.

If the throttle quadrant switches only the fs cutoff switches, then the whole pmSystems is pointless.

You didn't tell my why the new website is "annoying" though? It has been online less than a week and we will implement things such as e-mail notifications of updates, different file listings and so forth.

Ciao

Enrico

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    The customer support at the moment is really poor and I never got an answer on 4 to 5 mails I wrote to them for the last couple of years.
    Hello Ruediger,

I am not sure which issues this may be about... and I do not see a customer in Germany with the name Ruediger or Rudi in our database?

Can you re-send those questions please?

Ciao

Enrico

Although I fully understand the nature of some of the reactions on this thread (this has been discussed before), I would like to point out that this thread is about the new PM web site. Points of information, questions or comments about the new home page should therefor be the main focus of this thread. Some of you have made their point about other things and Enrico has replied to that. Let's stick to the subject from now on. If you have a complaint about the software or support, contact PM first. After that you can always start another thread.

JWS

11. Thanks Aaron, Matt Olieman thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast