75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Singer/link simulator

I have finally got some pictures of the singer/link simulator I am rebuilding. It is a GAT-1 built somewhere in the 70's I think. It has a few Ic circuits on the boards. I have posted some pictures of my starting point on my facebook page at
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/m...636.1482742666
    If the link won't work, my facebook id is Glenn Pannell Jr. This weekend I took the entire rudder pedal assy. apart and cleaned, repaired, rebuilt it and installed a new floor. The durability of its construction as well of the quality of the components is impressive. This simulator was built to a level that you could have put wings on it and flown it if you wanted to. It was that precise in construction.

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Singer/link simulator

Very nice Glenn! I took some pictures of the GAT-1 they have at the Anchorage Air Museum - I'll get those posted soon.

From what I saw of the sim cab, I suspect you'll have a great sim when you're done rebuilding it. Tons of potential there.

g.

75+ Posting Member

Re: Singer/link simulator

Yes, I am very fortunate to have found this. It solves a lot of problems for me. I don't have to solve many of the mechanical issues like yokes, panels, and so on. My only real job is to interface the existing controls with new hardware and software. Then rebuild the body and add some displays.............go flying!