75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Not sure whether to get a home cockpit?

Hi all,

I am been a FSX user for many years but using a basic yoke, pedals and mouse. I think its a good time to upgrade my simming expereince. However I'm not sure if it will fit my flying style. I fly mainly the PMDG 737NGX, 747 and soon to be 777. I also fly GA when the mood takes me. So I am looking for a generic home cockpit that covers all of those.

I really like the look of FDS Jetmax 737, it looks amazing! Maybe I could get that without the MCP and put the CP 747 MCP in. Then map the 2 throttles to 4 engines to cover the 747.

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Not sure whether to get a home cockpit?

I'm in the same boat myself. As I've gotten older I seem to have less time to mess with FS in general, so I tend to use GA aircraft more (and the fact that ORBx's scenery is nothing short of amazing). Although, having a functioning jet cockpit in the house opens up a new dimension to the whole deal, making it much more of a social endeavor.

Sounds like the best thing for both of us to do is a ton of research into what other people have done as I'm sure 75% of the folks out there had the same concern. Have fun!