Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi! New here and just getting started on a pit.

Hi!

New here and wanted to introduce myself and what I hope to be my long term project.

I started working on my pilots license many years ago but life took me in other directions before I finished. Then along came MS Flight Sim and I've enjoyed sim'ing for quite a few years. Since version 2 actually. I started flying with an Online Virtual ATC group a few months ago and decided I wanted to enhance my sim setup.

I've made a couple posts here in the past few weeks asking some newbie type questions as I started to explore the possibility of building my own pit. But didn't think I'd be getting the jump start I just did.

I have been exploring building a generic GA Sim for single and/or twin engine prop. While I want it to be generic most of my ideas have a lot of "Cessna" influence based on my brief time flying while taking flight lessons. Well, as the result of a great e-Bay find it looks like it will have a bit more Cessna influence than I had originally planned.

My original idea was to start on the panel and use it at the desk until I could decide how to fabricate a shell. I figured some day I would come across one of those rare finds, a fuselage that was no longer air worthy but usable as a sim pit. Well . . . I found it Thursday and now it's in my back yard.

I did try to put a link to a pic of it here, but when I do, my post gets flagged for moderation and never comes back. I assume the moderators have a heavy backlog so I figured I'd post without the pic.

The fuselage is from a late 70's vintage C172 that was taken out of service a few years ago. The portion I have is relatively undamaged from the engine firewall back through the baggage compartment.

In addition to the fuselage, I have the doors, rudder pedals, yokes, and a seat, but the windshield is damaged beyond use, and one of the back and side windows are cracked. I still need to figure out how much of the back half to remove but figure I have a summer worth of cleanup and other work before I have to make that decision. I, of course, don't need anything back past the front seats, but the passenger compartment or at least a few feet of it, would make a nice space for the CPU's and such if I can make a space large enough in the garage to fit it all . . .

500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hi! New here and just getting started on a pit.

Sounds like you have a great start! Good luck and ask lots of questions!

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...