Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Question Hello out there, Newbie slowly getting ready to try out Vatsim. Have some questions if possible :)

Hello from europe..

I have just registerd on Vatsim, and cant wait to get on the wings

But.. A problem or more... Where do i get planes to fly ? with that i mean(hope i use the right letters here) "FMC" planes for FSX Vatsim ???
    Do i have to buy em, or is it free download??? Any links.??

So if anyone have good tips on where to go to get this FMC planes, please send a link..
    Been searching on google without luck, and now i thought i rather go the people with expiriense on this stuff..

I am looking for planes, Scenery and so on.. Is it expensive, or are it for free???

And how is it to use the planes i allready got on FSX(have bought a lot of add-ons) but no FMC planes as i can see...

And should i uninstall add-ons like Ultimate traffic 2, ultimate environment X europe. Are this stealing frames, or should they just stay.??

Bet i will come with more questions.. But this is good for starters

Thx in advance

Greatings from Northviking

All advises are good advises

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Re: Hello out there, Newbie slowly getting ready to try out Vatsim. Have some questions if possible :)

I don't know of any free aircraft that have an FMC, but there are plenty to buy. Have a look at PMDG for a start, but make sure the aircraft is FSX compatible (the PMDG737 is not (yet)).

You can use the default aircraft, but you'll have to fly the route by flying navaid to navaid. It's not difficult once you know, but requires a lot more pre-flight planning and in-flight monitoring, but isn't that what you should be doing anyway. The default autopilot MCP will help you out, and once you are being vectored towards your destination, you'd be making autopliot entries on that anyway.

Sean

500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar

Re: Hello out there, Newbie slowly getting ready to try out Vatsim. Have some questions if possible :)

very good place to get freeware scenery is here:
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fs2004.html
    that's the fs2004 page, but if you want fsx scenery, just follow the link to the fsx listings.
    welcome aboard captain

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge