Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

way over my head

ok I know that if i keep reading the post that there is a anser to my question
    but i just dont know what any body is talking about.
    first ive never try to do any thing with a pc be for. all I know is how to turn them off and to shut em down.
    but i would like to know how to set up a cockpit with at lest 3 moniters for the windscreen and one for the flight gages . if some one could just help expain what i need or to tell me what links to read . many thanks for any help

Re: way over my head

You need to read, read and read. Forums like this and others. Use a search engine for basic questions about simulators and cockpit building.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by okieylee View Post
    ok I know that if i keep reading the post that there is a anser to my question
    but i just dont know what any body is talking about.
    first ive never try to do any thing with a pc be for. all I know is how to turn them off and to shut em down.
    but i would like to know how to set up a cockpit with at lest 3 moniters for the windscreen and one for the flight gages . if some one could just help expain what i need or to tell me what links to read . many thanks for any help
    You are trying to start too far along what is required. I strongly suggest you first purchase a copy of Flight Simulator FS9 or FSX, depending on what your computer specifications are, and a basic joy stick and have a fly of the simulator. Have you done this yet?

If not, this is going to be your very first step.

What you are wanting to achieve is quite complicated for a flight sim beginner so you are going to have to start right at the beginning and this first step is to do what I have suggested above.

I have fsx for some time now, am using a joystick at this time but no peddels. am looking into getting a yoke an peddles soon. also for a time i was a member of aces high.

npbosch thanks for the links they have have been a big help

25+ Posting Member

hey Okieylee im nemo it nice to meet and assist u ..i was once in ur shoes and happy to give u a helping hand.. i kno reading gets boring from time to time but information is power!! lol anyway there are alot of ways to do wat u want first off u need a really fast pc if u want to really enjoy fs in the way that u want so i suggest investing in a gaming pc something with atlease 8gb of ram 1tb hard drive and a good video card u can also use a projector for outside views providing u have the space if not monitors will work jus as good .. matrox triplehead2go is wat u will need if ur just using one pc and can run ur outside view monitors and u can jus use a spitter cable for the instrument gauges .. hardward i suggest the saitek yoke and pedals.... a great web site u might wanna check out is simsamurai.net he builds and sell plans and homecockpit for the persons who wants an affordable way to do it he also has a advance flight simulation manual that u might wanna check out anyway im not going to say anymore but if u need more info inbox me or email me at nemo_7708@hotmail.com this is my cockpit in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDUH...eature=related

THANKS FOR THE INFO NEMO , give me a zip gun. tig and some stainless and am good to go, but reading cpu jargon ? well i will proubly need ur help agian. thanks again

25+ Posting Member

yup, anytime!

25+ Posting Member

The easiest way is to get an AMD/ATI Eyefinity card for the main three views and a AMD/ATI PCI (-e) card to run your panel screen(s). You can run everything full screen (not windowed).
    John