Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arduino and Flight Simulator 2004 or FSUIPC ?

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Re: Arduino and Flight Simulator 2004 or FSUIPC ?

Hi Dimitris ,, Well good news ,, I finally got a good run at those bugs and I think I have them all sorted.
    The black windows,,, The missed codes at startup ,, the occasional missed code during running.

Hopefully the bugs are all fixed now and tonight I uploaded the version 3 beta. You will have to go back to my page and download it again. (I havent yet updated the actual page, but the download is the new beta 3 download)

There are other things I want to include (ie ,,, a LOT of switchs that are actually on at start-up etc) but general improvements can wait until what is out there is "solid" and trouble free.

You are now an "offical" beta tester
    So give it heaps and let me know if there is any thing I may have missed.

Sorry for delay ,, Ive had a heck of a week at work with 12 hour day so not much time for tinkering.
    After Friday its back to normal though.
    Keep at it Dimitris ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

10+ Posting Member

Thank you so much! Both bugs have been fixed! I can clearly see the input box and it is not missing any switch movement! Just amazing! The real test will be made maybe today evening (Greece time). I will keep you informed!

10+ Posting Member

The test flight completed with 100% Success! Nice to have the feeling of the switches, well done!

500+ This must be a daytime job

Just my 2 cents...

I would really love to have an easy to use card that could control steppers, servos or air cores to create "steam" gauges, with a GUI.

Reid
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

Great stuff Dimitris ,, Windows 7 was an unknown test bed as the other guys were using XP so all is well ,, marvelous.

There will be other stuff that shows up ,, for instance press heaps of keys at the exactly same time and it wont cope. Going into the belly of Windows and comming back out again is quite "messy" so I wanted to get a "basic" unit going properly first and improve it from there.
    Also ,, the Arduino card serial traffic is not easily error checked for "one of" shots ,, I will do that later but its not error checked at the moment ,,, and the only other thing I know is ,, sometimes when you delete an entry in the keystroke list, it also delete's the program name as well ... I havent even checked as to why yet but it should be easily fixed next time around. (At the moment,, just enter it again when you add a new keystroke.)

Aaaah ,, the fun of Beta versions.
    Still ,, I think its quite a powerful utility for some-one that has a card and wants to use it inputing into programs. Thanks for that Dimitris..

Reid ,, good to see you in here ,,,
    R/C Servos are easy to use with the Adruino ,, nothing extra required except another 5 volt power supply if you are using more than 1 or 2 ,, very common use of them.
    As for steppers ,, there needs to be another IC inbetween the Arduino and the stepper due to the current/voltage of them.
    Aircores ... there are guys playing with that now and have had success but I'm not sure of the details.

At the moment I am concentrating on getting together a "base" of options for guys that may have the card and want to try out our hobby of cockpit building. ... There is a hugh "void" in our hobby in that area and once they have options,, I'm moving on to the more exotic stuff.

Geeze ,, writting a book here again !!! Cheers Guys and thanks ,,, Jim

Hi Jim, I love your link2fs software. They are definitely brilliant and user-friendly. As a beginner of Arduino, they are very convenient to config. the FS input/output.

I am looking forward to the part of rotary encoder. I reckon it is one of the most interesting staff in the Flight Sim hardware and I do want to build a MCP panel for 747.

Regards,
    Alex

Hi Alex,,, thanks for your kind words and a big welcome to Mycockpit.org ,, a lot of information on anything to do with cockpit building is all here in the one place so have a good look around.

The rotary encoder thingy ,,, I presume you are talking about the development of my "keys" program ,,, well it will come,,, but,, I (we) want the base code to be rock solid before branching out with any extras in it.
    That program is rather different as it interfaces to the destination program thru the belly of the windows operating system and not directly to the choosen program and because of the multitude of operating systems out there now, I very nearly didnt release it at all. Still,, it turning out OK so thats a plus for the Arduino fans.

I presume you are aware that pulse switchs or modified rotary switchs in our world will do exactly the same job as rotary encoders ??? Its just a different way to do the same job.

Thanks again Alex and welcome ,,,,
    Keep us informed with your progress ,,,, Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123