Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Using buttons and switches with PMSystems?

So LeoBodnard card is out of the question.. right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    So LeoBodnard card is out of the question.. right ?
    Uh Oh . . . I hope not. I'm just starting to look at PM for my GA pit and want to use the PM IFR panel. I'm hoping to do a DIY version of what I've seen fro VR Insights and position monitors behind a metal plate with the rotaries and switches mounted on the plate surface and a mask over that to hide the wiring.

I thought in the demo I tested that the basic instrument and avionics dials and switches I have interfaced to FSX (using a bodnar card) influenced the corresponding functions in the PM IFR panel. Maybe it's different for those basic functions or maybe my memory is faulty. I think I'll go try it again this weekend.

And, as I start to get deeper into what can be done with FSUIPC I do recall seeing PM specific offsets or functions aren't those there to interface with PM Systems? My bodnar card is recognized by FSUIPC. If FSUIPC can speak to PM Systems, and recognizes my bodnar card, doesn't it follow that I could use a switch or rotary encoder off the bodnard card to speak to PM?

In this area I'm a total newbie and quite clueless so my rantings may be way off base. ANy clarification would be greatly appreciated.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Tom I am possibly mistaken, not you. I am just new to the PMsystems things and I am trying to understand how it works.

Ok, so let me be more specific and describe the situation...

I have a Leo Bodnard Card (http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/ ). I have created a general panel on my pedestal (http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/u...t/IMG_0424.jpg ) with 8 on/off switches, 2 rotary switches and 1 on/off/on switch in order to assign general offsets in my project. I am in the process of researching for an overhead, but until then I want to assign all lights switches of the overhead (landing, wing, taxi, anticol, etc..) to this panel, so I do not have to click on the lights switches of pmsystems. All switches of the Leo Bodnard card can be seen in the FSUIPC buttons and switches controls. Actually, this panel was created for this reason, and has been working great as an "overhead lights panel" for 2 years now. As long as the pmsystems is loaded, it stops working.

More simpler, lets take as an example the landing lights switch (upper left switch on my panel). I have assigned landing lights on when pressed and landing lights off when released through FSUIPC buttons and switches controls. It works when pmsystems is not running, it doesn't work when pmsystems is running. In order to make landing lights on I have to click on the pmsystems switch with my mouse, and I cannot use the switch on the pedestal.

So basically I would like when I press these switches on my pedestal to move certain switches on the pmsystems overhead. Is that doable ?

Hope I made things clear,

Thanks in advance,

25+ Posting Member

Hi,

You probably have FSUIPC offsets assigned for the switches.
    pmSystems own offsets must be used instead. Then pmSystems itself will trigger the corresponding FSUIPC offsets for e.g. landing light, taxilight or whatever you like interface.

When you move your mouse cursor over a switch in pmSystems interface you will see its offset.

There are easier ways - I use a FDS (Flightdeck Solutions) SYS1x card to run the whole overhead with all switches and annunciators. Works like a charm and you do not need to know the offsets at all.
    Instruments are run via Open Cockpits SIOC.

Bjorn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12