25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Simple Help for first Steps BU0386X and Prosim

Hello folks,

as my project moves on - i need some basic input for the interfacing.

I have 2 x BU0386X cards. I know how to wire them and make them work with fsiupc. This means i press a button and select a command in fsuipc which triggers something in the sim itself. But what do i have to do to get the input from the BU card to show up in the prosim software ? In the end i do not want to use the FSX planes but the Prosim software as the system logic. And i do not have any clue how i should approach this question. Has the BU0386X card has to show up in the Prosim I/O field (where FSUIPC is named after i checked FSUIPC enable) ??

I would be very thankful for any input on this.

Cheers from W黵zburg/Germany
    Andy

25+ Posting Member

Re: Simple Help for first Steps BU0386X and Prosim

Hello,

My MCP ist finished and after soldering and wiring all the encoders, switches are now connected to the BU0386X card.

The BU0386X now shows up in Prosim as Input.

I programmed all the switches to the related functions and they work well. Now it comes to the encoders. If i do right turn of e.g. Heading - the heading is increased (clockwise). But i it seems that the signal is not picked up fast enough with the result that i have to do many turn for a "small" increase of the heading. I tried several pulse widths in the BUEncoder programm but the values are changing very slow. Does somebody has any idea how to increase the speed with which the values are changed when turning the encoder ?

Next question: How do i get the output of Prosim into FSUIPC. How are the values of (HDG, COURSE, VS Speed etc.) transfered to FSUIPC or directly to my OC Display card. As far as i know Opencockpits reads the Offsets from FSUIPC and i can diplays these as output on the display card. So the output of prosim has to be transfered to a FSUIPC offset which can be read by teh sioc programm. A the moment i just loaded the standard 737 from FSX and i fear that the Offsets in FSUIPC come from the standard 737 and not from the prosim program. I hope i expressed myself clearly...

Cheers
    Andy.

The sioc scripts is all in the Prosim zip archive you download from their site. Inside the ProsimMCP folder you find a folder named "opencockpits". That should take care of all inns'n'outs.

4. Thanks Masterploxis thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Done - thanks for the hint. My homemade mcp is now working with the fsuipc and prosim.

Cheers Andy