Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Exclamation Info, Please help answer a few questions

Ok so i am new to this fourm and new to the whole world of DIY flight sim construction, have done a bit of research on the subject and found a few sights that give help like rodger.net,mikesflightdeck.com,fscockpit.com,simsamurai.net all have good info but as for purchasing guides i would like to know what is the best "bang for your buck" and which has the most info for beginiers.......also i want my cockpit to look as realisic as possible but i am willing to use computer monitors for different gauges, also i am looking to build one for a British Areospace Jetstream 31/32

Anyother Websites,books,or guides would be appericated

Thanks Theo

Re: Info, Please help answer a few questions

Welcome Theo! First, let me say that you are in the right place for the best "bang for your buck".
    I own both of Mike's books and am patiently waiting on his next one. They are by far the two best resources for their subjects. With that said, I would spend some time going through this site, as well as other simbuilding sites/communities (google cockpitbuilders) to take a look at how others have tackled what you want to do. This will let you determine what follow on resources you'll want to invest in.

Things you'll need to consider are your budget, time available, commitment of family/friends to your hobby, and degree of exactness you want in your sim. Then, you'll want to look around to see what is already available. Also, you'll have to decide what software you'll want to use (FS9, FSX, X-plane, FlightGear,etc).

Everything you want to accomplish is doable, so sit back , grab something to drink and begin reading! Again, welcome

Warren

Executive Vice President, Administration, MyCockpit, Inc.

Re: Info, Please help answer a few questions

Welcome to Mycockpit.org. Also please read the tutorials (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/content.php/7-Tutorials) some of them are designed to give a start to our new builders.

Regards
    Regards
    Vybhav