75+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Where to start? Start with SimSamurai.net!

SimSamurai.net - I recently came across a guy called Jeff on youtube. He has built a very nice cockpit and is a very knowledgeable chap. I have had a good look through his website and one of the things he sells is a manual for FS users.

It's called the Ultimate Guide to Advanced Flight Simulation (or UGTAFS). I bought a copy and I have to say - it's bloody good! Aimed at the FS user more than the cockpit builder, it contains a huge amount of useful information covering many aspects of flight sim, flying online, hardware, software, building - it's all in here. I guess it's really about getting the most out of your flight sim experience with the equipment you have. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

I think he posts on this forum occasionally but he really deserves a mention and a medal for his input. This is not a commercial advert by the way, just a testimonial from a very satisfied customer.

Jeff also builds cockpits and sells blueprints etc for his own designs. They are a very good basis to get you started - go and take a look. You will be glad you did.

Nigel.
    I can't see the light but I think I found the tunnel...
    www.shamrock075.webs.com

Re: Where to start? Start with SimSamurai.net!

I agree - just finished building his AX-1 cockpit design and I'm very pleased. It's a generic two seat cockpit with three full size and one touch screen for gauges, and 13 GoFlight controls. For me this is a good compromise between flexibility, cost, time to build and most importantly, fun! It doesn't match -any- cockpit exactly, but it is a very nice immersion step-up from a CH yoke clamped to a table top with three monitors sitting on stands, which was my former setup.

Anyway - I echo the comments here, Jeff has a lot of useful info on his website and if his approach appeals to you, it will help you a lot.

Best,
    Rowland

10+ Posting Member

Re: Where to start? Start with SimSamurai.net!

I would love it if they did actual cockpits, not just generic 2 seaters or what ever. If they had a 737 I would definatly use it.

Ollie