Thread: ATC PROBLEM

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

ATC PROBLEM

Hi Folks.

I have bought a "Star Tech" USB external sound card hoping to use it for environmental sounds only, and have ATC coming from the onboard sound card - or the other way round? I cant seem to direct ATC seperately from the environmental sounds. It seems to be ALL sounds or none from whichever sound card!
    I am wondering if I bought a third party ATC pack such as Radar Contact, that it would seperate ATC sounds from environmental and allowing me to use the onboard card and usb card - one for ATC and one for environmental?
    Has anybody tried anything like this?

Here's hoping.

Cheers all.

TONY. U.K.

75+ Posting Member

Re: ATC PROBLEM

I dont know about seperating the sounds as you say, but I use Radar contact on a dedicated separate PC via Widefs and I get the same result of separated sounds.

Hey tony
    Im not 100% on this but if you are talking bout the inbuilt atc in fs9/fsx then i dont think you can seperate sound , you may be able to with radar contact, also fsinn/squawkbox for online will work , as you can pick the soundcard from the interface
    hope this helps..
    Rich
    I Started with Nothing & ive still got loads left..

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    I dont know about seperating the sounds as you say, but I use Radar contact on a dedicated separate PC via Widefs and I get the same result of separated sounds.
    Hi Drum!

Thanks for the comments. I have not tried networking to another PC (seems a bit complicated?). Would I have to install fs2004 on the second PC as well? If I install Radar Contact on the 2nd machine, would I have to adjust the sliders in fs 2004 on this 2nd machine to show ATC only, and listen to it on it's sound card whilst running everyting else on the main PC?

Sorry to seem a bit confusing. Hope you can help!

TONY. U.K.

75+ Posting Member

Tony -no need to install Fs on second mashine but Widefs addon -alsow developed by Pete Dowson

You will unload your Fs sim pc and will have full control on Atc sound on second mashine
    Any pc is good for this purpose

Regards
    Joseph

Quote Originally Posted by yoss View Post
    Tony -no need to install Fs on second mashine but Widefs addon -alsow developed by Pete Dowson

You will unload your Fs sim pc and will have full control on Atc sound on second mashine
    Any pc is good for this purpose

Regards
    Joseph
    Hi Joseph.

Thanks again!
    Do you suggest that I install Wide FS on the 2nd machine, or the main machine or both? Sorry, bit confused there! What do you mean by "unload the fs sim PC?" I take it that you don't mean uninstall fs2004? Because I can't split up the ATC from other sounds on the standard audio installation, would I not need to use Radar Contact (or similar) on the 2nd pc?
    Any chance of stating which installation needs to be on which pc? I think I would understand more easily if I knew what needs to be where.

Networking pc's is a new area for me, so apologies for not fully understanding you.

Many thanks.

TONY U.K.

75+ Posting Member

Tony, Widefs is a soft links both computers over lan

The sim computer acts as a server ,--- the networked as a client without FS instalation

By unload sim computer , i mean to give Radar contact aplication to be handled on another machine and save sim pc rescourses for the simulator and another addons you may have there
    This way the atc sound will be handled on the remote machine with RC instalation and controlled independably
    I tryed with good results another hint:
    I added hardware equalizer and cheap audio with speakers amp for atc and adjusted the equalizer for high freqency pass and suppresing the lows , engines producing
    this way i have two paralel audiochannels --all sound gouing via the main speakers with the high freq supressed and another channel via equalizer and amp with volume controll with engines sound filtered for ATC

For buffshaker you just douing the opposite, lol

Hope i made myself clear enoght

Regards
    Joseph

75+ Posting Member

Also with Widefs you must have the registered version of FSUIPC, also widefs will give you added flexibility such as sending keystrokes to linked PC's (which I use quite a bit)

Aslo your widefs client PC can be a very cheap machine, mine is a 10 year old P4 I rescued from the trash at work...

Quote Originally Posted by yoss View Post
    Tony, Widefs is a soft links both computers over lan

The sim computer acts as a server ,--- the networked as a client without FS instalation

By unload sim computer , i mean to give Radar contact aplication to be handled on another machine and save sim pc rescourses for the simulator and another addons you may have there
    This way the atc sound will be handled on the remote machine with RC instalation and controlled independably
    I tryed with good results another hint:
    I added hardware equalizer and cheap audio with speakers amp for atc and adjusted the equalizer for high freqency pass and suppresing the lows , engines producing
    this way i have two paralel audiochannels --all sound gouing via the main speakers with the high freq supressed and another channel via equalizer and amp with volume controll with engines sound filtered for ATC

For buffshaker you just douing the opposite, lol

Hope i made myself clear enoght

Regards
    Joseph
    Thanks Joseph.

I will be putting this together soon.

Kind regards,

TONY U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by drum4no1 View Post
    Also with Widefs you must have the registered version of FSUIPC, also widefs will give you added flexibility such as sending keystrokes to linked PC's (which I use quite a bit)

Aslo your widefs client PC can be a very cheap machine, mine is a 10 year old P4 I rescued from the trash at work...
    HIYA.

Me again! I just threw out two older low power computers!! but thanks for the guidance anyway. I am hoping that when I have put the system together, that I will be able to hear ATC only from Radar Contact on the client, and other sounds from the main PC (by muting the ATC slider). I must admit that I am surprised that I won't have to install FS on the client? Joseph (Yoss) has given me some guidance which answered some questions, so I will 'obtain' an old PC from somewhere, and get started!

Thanks for your help.

TONY. U.K.