Thread: CH Flight Yoke

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

CH Flight Yoke

I seem to have a problem with FS9 on my computer and I think I traced it to the flight yoke. After about 10 minutes the cockpit view will automatically change to an upper-right view. When I unplug the flight yoke the problem doesn't seem to happen or when I plug the flight yoke into my laptop it doesn't seem to happen on the laptop. Any ideas what might be going on? Do you think disabling the joystick on FS9 and just assigning settings through FSUIPC might help?

Thanks...

25+ Posting Member

Re: CH Flight Yoke

hi.. not sure if this will or might help you but I was having a similar problem with my Saitek yoke. The display would flicker on the yoke and strange things would happen. So I though it was the yoke and relplaced since it was under warrenty..

the same thing happened again witht he new yoke..

it was related to some usb device that was drawing power somewhere else and the yoke was not getting enough power or the yoke was being interrupted by some other usb device in my case which was my USB 737 MCP module from opencockpit..

I supplied the MCP with 5 volts and volia.. No problems since 3 months now..

So, I suspect it's got somehting to do with your other usb devices.. Maybe try using a hub or try to spread your usb connections out if your fs is running on a network.
    A/C

10+ Posting Member

Re: CH Flight Yoke

That makes sense...I had 3 devices plugged into USB slots. I think I have a total of 6 available. Also, when I plugged it into my laptop it worked fine...but it was the only device plugged in. O, I think I'll try a powere USB hub. Thanks for the tip and I'm sure it will work.