300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Turning programs on and off in the FSX Computer.......FSUIPC

Hopefully this information maybe of help to some, like me, who could not understand the technical references in the Advanced users guide for FSUIPC V 4.6 page 38 :
    To get a program to start automatically when you start FSX and to also close that program when you shut down FSX all you need to do is, in the fsuipc.ini file enter:
    ...............................................................................................
    [Programs]
    Run1=CLOSE,C:\PROGRAMX\PROGRAMX.EXE

.................................................................................................
    Hope that will help some, as it would appear easier to get the answer here, than on another forum where it appears almost impossible to get a straight answer !!
    Regards................Brian W.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Turning programs on and off in the FSX Computer.......FSUIPC

Quote Originally Posted by brianwilliamson View Post
    Hope that will help some, as it would appear easier to get the answer here, than on another forum where it appears almost impossible to get a straight answer !!
    Regards................Brian W.
    You did get several straight answers but refused point blank to recognise them. If you just didn't understand the documentation why on Earth did you not say so, instead of simply repeating your original question over and over, ignoring what i said, and ending up being downright rude and sarcastic?

You still haven't stated why you found the documentation so confusing. It's been the way it is now for about 12 years without anyone being as odd as you about it, but i am always willing to make it clearer when I understand why it isn't understood. Just answering questions without finding out why they aren't understood in the documents is no help at all to improving things. Most of the explanations in the manual have come about through questions and interaction of the Forum, and very few have come to grief through what appeared to me to be downright obstinacy.

Pete

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Re: Turning programs on and off in the FSX Computer.......FSUIPC

Hi to all,

I don't get it....

My job is a Customs Agent, Brian W most probably must have his job too as thousands of people in this hobby....

If you have a question about imports of exports I will be more than happy to help anyone. I will also try to be very kind in any questions and I am sure I will not be "stricked" to anyone (as above) if he or she cannot understand what I am talking about. All above even without any fee for my help, not even 20 euro that FSUIPC costs.

What I am trying to say Pete is that our real jobs are not software programmers, and we are silly enough NOT to understand many of the software and hardware complexity needed by our hobby. We also may not all have the same skills but THAT does not take us the right of virtual flying. I admire your work and of course I am and I will be a customer of both 3 and 4 FSUIPC version, but never forget, we are CUSTOMERS and we demand respect.

Best regards,

Nick Malefakis