Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Th2GO world of pain...any help appreciated.

Hi guys, this problem is making me physically sick, so any help or input would be greatly appreciated. I have just spent $8000 on my sim which includes the TH2go digital Edition and 3 x benq 811ST projectors. This is the part I thought was going to be straight forward so bare with me if you can , this gets pretty hairy. I mounted my projectors and bought a 1.8m DVI cable and a 1.8 meter USB cable to reach the TH2go box ontop of my sim.

Computer

Intel Core I5 760 @ 2.8G
    2 x ATI 5670 1GB GPU's
    750 watt power supply
    windows xp home SP3
    Fs2004
    curved screen ...warping software not yet used.

I have been running a small 17 inch monitor out the front from gpu 1 as screen 1. The Captains panel/split FO as screen 2 and the Engine center panel as screen 4 from Gpu 2. Windows desktop always shows up on screen 1 "17 inch" and then is extended to the other mip screens no problem and flight sim runs well. Yesterday I disconnected the 17 inch and connected the DVI cable to the DVI port on Gpu 1 and ran it up to the TH2GO box DVI port. Then connected all three projectors to the 3 DVI ports on the Th2GO "with a VGA/DVI adapters". Then I connected the usb cable to the usb port on the computer and Th2go box. I fired up the computer and the center screen "projector" was showing the windows desktop and looked good. I ran the matrox software and selected the 3x 1280x1024 or 3840x1024 for tripple head to go. Restarted the computer and when it came the desktop nothing changed. So I right clicked desktop properties and chose screen 1 and a resolution of 3840x1024 ( so that I could get the really long desktop to show across all 3 projectors). This is what I got instead.

DSCF3329.jpgDSCF3330.jpg

I checked with Matrox website and ran their software to see my computers setup compatability and got green ticks for everything including the ATI 5670 for the 3840 x 1024 resolution. Then I read in a forum that someone had a similar problem and they downloaded and installed the latest software for matrox, so I did that and now this is what I get across all 3 screens.projector.

DSCF3332.jpg

I noticed that now the desktop taskbar is now showing on my center engine panel and all the desktop icons are on the center screen in front. What ever happened to just plug it in , run the software and hey presto? Something is seriously wrong here. I have uninstalled all the software and reinstalled the cd software and it's still the same. I'm totally lost and heart broken as I have spent a small fortune and was soo close to having this sim ready. Any one have any Ideas or Input on this dillema as I have no clue where to go from here.

To top it off too the right projector looks like this. I think it could be faulty with all those black lines running vertical.

DSCF3331.jpg

If anyone could shed some light or help me with a next move , I would be forever in your Debt.

Thankyou to all
    Drew

Re: Th2GO world of pain...any help appreciated.

A long shot but i know friends who have bought longer dvi cables but forgetting they need to be dual link dvi.

Hope you get it sorted

regards

steve

75+ Posting Member

Standard DVI cables don't work with TH2GO so I suspect this is the problem the DVI cable needs more of the pins connected than the standard cable I had a similar problem witha DH2GO!

Just as Steve suggests!

Clive

25+ Posting Member

Hello guys,

The cable between the computer graphic card and the TH2G-unit must be of dual-link type. The cables from TH2G to the monitors/projectors can be of single-link type, no problem. The dual-link bandwidth is needed only between the graphic card and the TH2G.

Regards,
    Henri

25+ Posting Member

Hi again,

This is how I would proceed:

- Disconnect all displays except TH2G
    - Check in Device Manager that the monitor is something like "Matrox TripleHead2Go". If not, install driver.
    - Try to get the TH2G to work by checking and trying resolutions AND refresh rates supported by the projectors.

I have no experience in using the DVI to VGA adapters with TH2G. I'm in doubt, so can anyone confirm if this works with the Digital Edition of TH2G?

-Henri

Quote Originally Posted by BishBash View Post
    A long shot but i know friends who have bought longer dvi cables but forgetting they need to be dual link dvi.

Hope you get it sorted

regards

steve

Hi Steve not a long shot! I purchased a Dual Link DVI 1.8m cable from ebay stating that it was a dual link DVI cable. I just did some research on the net as I didn't know the physical difference between them. The cable that I purchased DOES NOT have all the pins but a gap in between 2 sets of pins. This tells me that its NOT a dual link cable. This would be a first place to start. Would that have damaged anything by not using the right cable? Thankyou for bringing that to my attention.

Drew

Hi Drew,
    The people i know who have done this have simply reconnected with a dual link
    dvi with no problems, im sure you will be ok.
    Heres some good info ref dvi -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Looks a great set up, gonna look good those visuals

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BishBash View Post
    Hi Drew,
    The people i know who have done this have simply reconnected with a dual link
    dvi with no problems, im sure you will be ok.
    Heres some good info ref dvi -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Looks a great set up, gonna look good those visuals

Regards

Steve
    Hi Steve, thanks for that , I really hope so to. Can't tell you how devastating it feels when you see horrible things like that on your screens!

Cheers
    Drew

Hi all, good news ..problem fixed. Ivar Hestnes the simgod helped me out with the software for Th2go, i thought i had the latest...obviously not. I also used the little cable provided by matrox only <<<--- very important!

For anyone using the leveld 767 and finds that your panels arent working with different undocked or fullscreen setups I have good news. I have found a work around posted and will display it here.

I followed this procedure and now can run everything properly on 3 undocked views in fullscreen!

A) Tired of reshuffling extra panles around on multiple monitors - I was, until I discovered this work around:
    1. Load up FS9 & your favourite aircraft
    2. Start a flight & go to a Windowed main panel.
    3. Open up your extra panel windows, move them to your other monitor(s) and resize making sure you leave an allowance for the Windows frames which will disapear in full screen mode.
    4. Save the flight!!!!! MOST IMPORTANT
    5. Switch to 3d mode and check the position of your extra windows.
    5A: Go back into Windowed mode (this appears to lock the full screen mode panel window positions into place. Then for the second time undock your extra panels and move and resize them into your extra monitor. THEN SAVE FLIGHT. This locks the windowed extra panels in place.
    6. If you need to adjust, go back to Windows mode and CTL-C out of FS9 - DO NOT RESAVE THE FLIGHT.
    7. Restart FS9 and the flight you saved (you should be in Windowed mode with your extra panels showing as you left them on your other monitor(s)).
    8. Re-adjust your extra panels and then SAVE AGAIN, then recheck in Full screen.
    REPEAT steps 6-8 until satisfied with positioning of extra panels.
    9. When happy, kick off FS9 with your saved flight and go to full screen mode with your extra panels where you left them. Have a good flight BUT DO NOT GO BACK TO WINDOWED MODE AND DO NOT SAVE THE FLIGHT AGAIN.
    10. At the end of every flight slip back into windowed mode and CTL-C out of FS9. Yes, the extra panels will resurface on the main panel window, this is no problem provided you don't save again.
    11. Repeat the whole process with other aircraft.

I have noticed on one occassion that, on starting a flight in windowed mode, as you must to get this to work, the extra panels weren't showing. But, after pressing SHIFT + panel number they showed up on the second monitor as I had left them.

Caution: Remember that before leaving FS9 you must go into Windowed mode.

One thing remains, I need to check why my mip panels are still warping with the Fly Elise NG warping software, even with the warp child windows box unchecked. I'll get back to you on that one.

Cheers
    Drew