1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

My new stick on gauge bezels!

Hi All,

My creativity is booming!

I have now devised a range of stick on gauge bezels digitally cut from vinyl.

Simply peel off and stick on. I have created my design so that you get 1 large bezel and 1 small bezel per set and two designs to choose from.

I can create enough of these to complete a GA MIP.

This is a little touch that will add realism without breaking your bank.

Anyone interested please PM me.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Re: My new stick on gauge bezels!

Alex,
    Any pictures of your pit?
    I know you now have a new garage to play with so how is it going? The best thing I ever did was take over the garage with my hobby (or is that obssession?).
    Allan.

Hi Allan.

Honestly, the pit is all in panels at this current stage. I am just in the middle of mounting my yoke to an mdf base shelf. Was looking at ways of making some bezels so decided to cut some on my sign machine.

My partners dad is helping me partition a five foot section of the garage, the problem that we have come into is making sure there is adaquate ventilation because in the summer you will sweat and in the winter...well....its a costly heater jobby. So got to bore through the brick to put a vent in to channel out the heat, because it will be like a sauna as it stands (body heat, computers, visuals etc)....

But we getting the studding maybe this week or next week, which is 2 x 1 and at 8 foot lengths, will need about ten of them.

My moped is in the garage too so got to make sure that that fits in there as well as my chest freezer, my bike, daughters bike, my sons play bits, lawn mower etc.

Thats why I wanted to section of five foot of the boottom of the garage, so my sim room is 5 foot wide by about 8 foot in length, perfect for a Cessna pit.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Alex,
    In my garage I have got an air conditioner unit which was a cheap B&Q jobby but more than adequate to keep the temperature at a comfortable level. It can be a bit noisy but I can pretend it is the engines.
    As for winter. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Probably a wall heater to keep the temp high enough not to damage the computers etc.... Like you say, a costly job but my garage is detached so no way of getting any other heating. I have insulated the frame work and boarded over the garage door so it should not get too cold during the winter nights.
    I probably wont get the electronics done this side of winter anyway and will monitor the temperature and take it from there.
    Wickes do cheap studding, I got mine from there and it was something like £2.50 a 2.4m length of 4x2. I then got some insulation from B&Q which was £3 a massive roll and insulated everything in sight.
    In fact it is probably more snug in my garage than my bedroom.
    Allan.

Hi Allan,

My local Wickes indeed sells this studding:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/bin/venda?bs...53D%253D&qty=8

I think this is excellent value!

Again insulation is very cheap now days because of eco regulation in housing, at £3 a roll mate thats peanuts! I think the partition will only come to something like a £100 which isnt too much, but saying that I have got 2 kids and a partner to prezzie up this christmas!

A partition is definitely the way to go, it created a 'study area' where you can concentrate on your flying, without the distraction of home life, and also the sense of immersion that you can create from it!

Im glad by garage is the home for my sim, just the moving in and diy that is time consuming as I have not been living here that long.

Alex
    GA or the Highway!