Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Jetstream 41 Cockpit

Hello all

Ive been reading about building cockpits for a while and decided to build my own Jetstream 41 cockpit. Since Im a big fan of turboprops and I love the PMDG JS41, there cant be a better one for me!
    I have some ideas on how the the pit should look like, although I believe that its a living project that gets a shape while under construction. What I want to say, ideas will develop while working on it.. Correct me if Im wrong

At the moment, I cannot find any infos online about the dimensions of the cockpit, just nothing Can anyone help me?

Is someone else working on a PMDG project and has faced unsolved problems for buttons or keystrokes?

Thanks for any help!

Omar

Boeing 777 Builder

Re: Jetstream 41 Cockpit

Hi Omar,

Great aircraft and one worthy of recreating but yes you will find there are many stumbling blocks, dimensions being just one of them. Don't let that deter you however, many have succeeded in building something other than a 737! Lol.

Button and keystroke access is a pretty fundamental problem and one I faced when building the PC12 a few years ago. For a very helpful reference in accessing overhead panels and other related functions in an aircraft such as this I'll refer you to Ian Sisson's sim HERE. Scroll down the page and you'll see info on his Overhead interface. He operates his PMDG overhead primarily with keystrokes, mouse macro's etc. with great success and you may well have to incorporate the same for the J41.

Good luck and have fun,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Jetstream 41 Cockpit

Hi Ken

Thank you for the reply and the link, Ill have a close look to that one!
    A 737 is no issue for me, there are too many as u know and besides Im rather an Airbus fan! But since I flew the JS41 of PMDG Im nearly only flying that one. The only Jet beside that turboprob is the MD11, of course also PMDG
    I think Mouse Macros will be the way to go for simulating overhead etc. Im still in the planning phase as u can see. I hope Ill manage all these interfaces and get them to work

If I dont find any dimensions ill just assume one and calculate the rest according to that. I can live with it.

Cheers, Omar.