Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Hello from Portsmouth UK

Hi Dave, and welcome.

From your post I gather you're referring to the interfacing of switches and annunciators in you panels. If you are then yes you will need a pcb to bring the whole thing to life. You already know about Leo's boards but currently they only support inputs, not outputs; which is what you'll need to get the annunciators to light up at the appropriate time.

Your choices then are to use a Phidget 64 board, an FDS InterfaceIT board or the suite of cards from Open Cockpits. Alternatively you could of course design your own mechanical interface which esentially is hard wired. For the last option you'll find a great source of inspiration on our friend Ian sissons site. He's a master at this type of inovation and very helpful if you get stuck.

http://www.737ng.co.uk/overhead.htm

Cheers
    Joe.

25+ Posting Member

Thanks Joe, Stan and Dan,

Much to think about! Thanks for your help, please expect further questions!

I have a digger coming this weekend to create foundations for my shack, then all I have to do is build it. It will be a space 3M x 3M dedicated to the sim and a 3Mx3M space for keeping garden equipment etc., not sure why we need that bit!!

Actually in my case Geremy's lead time is not a problem, I would just like to find someone that has used the overhead. I have bought a few bits from Geremy and asked a lot of questions, I have to say service has been spot on.

Thanks again.

Dave

10+ Posting Member

Dave,
    I took your advice and went for the Poldragonet overhead, which I'm told by Jacub was shipped yesterday. I'll let you know how I get on! I've just completely finished my MIP, so things are progressing well, although a bit tight finding a monitor which would fit snugly in the centre panel to enable the standby instruments and centre EICAS monitor!
    Hope your shack is coming along!
    regards,
    Stan

25+ Posting Member

Hi Stan,

Good luck with the overhead.

I ordered mine from Geremy @ GLB.

My shack is now a skeletal structure. The Easter weekend should see it completed except for the decking around it. My wife feels I should complete that before starting the shell of the sim

I'd be interested to know what you think of the Poldragonet product. I am thinking of buying the fire panel and pedestal from them.

All the best

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12