Thread: Hi All

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hi All

Hi All,

Newbie here from Coventry UK. I am just about to get started on building my home cockpit and have decided on the ubiquitous 737NG mainly because of the parts availability.

I haven't actually started yet but have ordered a MIP and hope to get started as soon as it arrives, I plan to initially concentrate on the MIP and centre pedestal and possibly add the overhead at a later date. It will probably use lcd's for the visuals due to space restraints (building it in a corner of my loft!) but that may change as I tend to make these things up as I go along!

I'm sure that this forum will prove to be an invaluable resource.

Paul

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Hi All

Hi Paul,

I'm a newbie builder myself and just recently joined. So I can't help you much in your build, especially in the 737 as I have just only started with lighter aircraft myself.
    But maybe in tweaking fsx I could be of more assistance and tell you about my experience. Giving advice is very difficult as every setup is so different, but I can tell you about my tweaks that helped..
    Anyways welcome and good luck! And don't forget to post pics.. )

Regards,
    Walther

25+ Posting Member

Hello Paul,

I too am a newbie and have learned a lot in my short time as a member. There is a huge amount of information concerning the 737 cockpit and the devices used to build one. I have learned to search, search and search and then when I think I am done search some more. Glad you joined and look forward to watching the progress.

Walther,

I could use your assistance in tweaking FSX. Maybe we should start a thread in the FSX section and document what can be done to improve performance.

10+ Posting Member

Hi Walther,

Good to hear from you. I've been using MSFS since FS98 so have a fairly good understanding of that side of the project but thanks for the offer. I havn't decided between FS2004 or FSX for this build yet (as I said I'm making it up as I go along!). I think interfaceing all of the hardware and setting it up to run on networked computers - will be using at least 2 pc's - will be my biggest learning curve.

Best of luck with your build - pics of mine will follow as soon as I have something to take photos of!

Paul

Great well looking forward to it when you have somthing. Hehe..

I guess project Magenta is the software to look into to be run on the second pc. Which is easy to install and they will give you the network software to use it. They have demo software to download if you want to see it. And the second pc can be pretty basic as it doesnt use much resources. So with your experience that shouldn't be a problem as well.

Fsx or fs2004 is probably most dependant on what you want to spend on your pc...
    For setup of multi monitors, you can also look into softth. Its free and can span over any type of monitors and resolutions.. Downside, will cost you some fps over matrox and no use of your mouse to adjust something. But most can be done by keyboard..
    Anyways Good luck...!
    And apologies to the moderators if I am going off topic!

Walther

Hi Jake,

Sounds like a great idea. If you can open a new thread with some of your questions or maybe just a generic one, I can talk about my experience with it and send links reffering to the original source.. Now I don't want to pretend to be the Big Kahuna, I just have spend 100's of hours doing things right and also very wrong.. So its more experience and not science.. But More than happy to help!

Cheers,

Walther