10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Multi View Cockpit

I have a cockpit based on the B-17, and currently have one 42" HDTV as the main view with three smaller monitors for gauges. I use FSX. I am thinking of rebuilding my cockpit from the ground up to make it more authentic. The main dislike I have with my current cockpit is the lack of periferal views with no sense of speed.

I want to use five 24" monitors with two or three networked PC's using Wideview for the side views. I am building a new computer, and plan on using an ATI 6970 with eyefinity for the front views, and use my old computer with Wideview for the Left and Right side views.

I have gone through all the threads here, and see that a lot of people are using TH2Go or Eyefinity or NVIDIA surround for the front views with either a projector or 3 monitors using one PC, and some use 3 projectors and 3 PC's.

Obviously the best option would be the 3 PC with Front, Front Left, and Front Right views, but I want to have side views so I can see the B-17 engines out the window for startup and engine fires etc..

I also don't understand how people who are only using 3 projectors instead of 5 have views out the side windows. Do you actually have a true left and right side view of the wings and engines or is it a stretched front left and front right view?

I am wondering if it will work to have the front views zoomed out to connect to the Left and Right side views using Eyefinity. I assume it will give a bit of a fish eye effect though, and not completely connect to the side views. I am also wondering if wideview can just have the 2 side views on one PC without having to have the front view.

Does anyone who is using one PC with TH2GO or Eyefinity or NVIDIA Surround have their view zoomed out to create front left and front right views?

I am also wondering about physical monitor placement. Would the front left and front right monitors be placed at 45 degrees from each other, and the Left and Right monitors at 90 degrees forming an upside down U shape?

I would appreciate if anyone who is using multiple monitor/projectors could explain the FSX view system for me, as I am a bit confused.

Here is a pic of my current setup:

Thank you so much,
    Bill

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Multi View Cockpit

Cant help you at the moment regarding your request for info , but had to say nice work on your cockpit impressive stuff and looking good

150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar

I use 8 screens and 8 computers for the outside view.
    See this threat:
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...ees?highlight=

TH2GO or Eyefinity will give a better wheater/sky animation
    Sincerely,

Claus

10+ Posting Member

Thanks Guys!

Bill

10+ Posting Member

I am having a problem with bezel compensation in FSX using 3X1 monitor setup. In windows stretched mode the bezel compensation is perfect, but in full screen it is way off. Does anyone have suggestions for this?