Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with x plane 9 seperate monitor for guages

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Cool Re: Help with x plane 9 seperate monitor for guages

As I said from the onset, you need to use multiple computers for multiple views (EG Monitors or LCD or LED displays).
    That's why I have chosen not to use it. I have 3 computers on FSX and 8-10 monitors depending upon which aircraft I'm flying.
    The flight dynamics are pretty realistic (especially DodoSIM and a few other aircraft)

So you CAN NOT HAVE MULTIPLE MONITORS ON A SINGLE COMPUTER.
    However that wasn't the question.

The question was how and if you could have multiple monitors. Right?

In summary:
    1. It is TRUE that you can only have 1 output (which can be more if you use the MATROX drivers and video cards for 2 or 3 outputs.

2. It is TRUE that you can have MULTIPLE monitors with XPlane, but you also need multiple computers, one each for each video view. That means somewhere between $50 and $500 or $1,000 PER VIEW.

So unless you want to log FAA or JAR flight time, then the X-Plane isn't that great.
    And to get good flight dynamics, you need the Level 3 which is $500 per monitor and $1,000 if you want GPS or G1000. I'd rather go fly myself for that kind of coin.

Good luck.

Jill

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Help with x plane 9 seperate monitor for guages

There is a clear distinction between "SCREENS" and "MONITORS".
    In XPlane, you can have multiple "screens" of data on the SAME MONITOR.

If you want multiple MONITORS, then you need MULTIPLE COMPUTERS and MULTIPLE copies of the software @ $39 a copy on the cheap end.

Thats what stopped me. I have 2 copies of XPLANE running on 2 computers. One with a 60" LED and the other with 2 HP2406 LCDs driven by the MATROX software so I can show 4 "SCREENS" on 2 displays from ONE program output stream.

OK?
    It is the difference between "screens" and "monitors". In my opinion, they are not honest in their approach. They should not distinguish between "SCREENS" and MONITORS as all the other competing programs don't require that. And the idea of charging $500 per computer station for a reasonably featured system and $1,000 per station for G1000 or GNS530 functionality (eg MONITOR or monitors with the Matrox) is a crime. They got me for 2 disc sets but that's it.

So sorry if I seemed arrogant. Having spent a bit of time tinkering with the XPlane and buying the second program set, and even contemplating the $1,000 (if it had provided more MONITORS) I do have some experience with XPLANE's "DISTINCTIONS".

So again my recommendation is "BUY FSX" and use 2 or 3 CPUs for faster frame rates and some of the better add-on programs for flight dynamics, GNS430/530 programs and some hardware controls and dials and switches. I have spent a good bit of $$$ on my system and it has helped in my real-world flying. I am much more comfortable with IFR and IMC (inadvertent IFR conditions) and my cockpit management has improved. I was also able to make the best use of my FAA certified sim time and went for a full motion system for the hours I was allowed giving me the best result from my $$$.
    BTW I got into simming after I crashed FAA sims on various occasions and was told it would take me 2-3 hours to get acclimated. That 2-3 hours would have cost me MORE than I have put into my sim and I have gotten much better results. Plus shooting approaches around the world in varying weather conditions is a gas. ALL WITH FSX.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12